F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Old 09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by rav1up
When you are making 90 degree turns and lights are set to auto, I see the extreme right of the wall where I am turning light up. Its as though there is a headlamp that faces outwards from the sides of the car. I think its because of a LED that is separated from the the DRL that glows orange or white depending on whether you are in parked mode or driving. Or this may just be the headlamps moving so much as to light the right side.

There is a separate white light that turns on when you are travelling at less than 25 miles per hour and turning. Check it out at a stop sign one night. Turn you wheel while watching the sidewalk. It will illuminate, then fade. Now turn your wheel the other way...

I do think this is part of the upgraded lighting package though, not everyone may have it. (The headlights move too! but that's different. Drive down a dark back road at night and swerve. Your lights swerve too.)

The following 2 users liked this post by TXJagR:
Pauluucho (04-21-2022), Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 563 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
There is a separate white light that turns on when you are travelling at less than 25 miles per hour and turning. Check it out at a stop sign one night. Turn you wheel while watching the sidewalk. It will illuminate, then fade. Now turn your wheel the other way...

I do think this is part of the upgraded lighting package though, not everyone may have it. (The headlights move too! but that's different. Drive down a dark back road at night and swerve. Your lights swerve too.)
You are correct -- Adaptive Headlights are part of the Vision Pack

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by JagBrian
I found out that the car plays actual DVD's on the screen via the CD player! Not that I'd ever use it, but its one of the first things I show people when they hop in the car lol...
For real...?

Old 09-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Yes, it's a DVD player, but only standing still. It's against US safety regs for a video entertainment system to be watchable by the driver while a vehicle is in motion.

But, hey if you want to sit in your F-Type and watch a movie in your driveway with the car in park you can, although I don't know if the switch to disable it is connected to the engine running or having the car in gear. If not, you'll run the battery down pretty fast.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-29-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

I did not know that you can open the windows with the key fob until somebody hear mentioned it. Nice to let the first puff of hot air escape before you get to open the door. My XKR-S does that also and I never knew. Had the comfort remote in the my Porsches and had several things programmed but did not know the Jags came with the opening window feature.

Memorizing a downshift if you pull it too soon until the revs allow it to down shift, didn't know it would do that either.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I did not know that you can open the windows with the key fob until somebody hear mentioned it. Nice to let the first puff of hot air escape before you get to open the door. My XKR-S does that also and I never knew. Had the comfort remote in the my Porsches and had several things programmed but did not know the Jags came with the opening window feature.

Memorizing a downshift if you pull it too soon until the revs allow it to down shift, didn't know it would do that either.
I have the smart top mod and I can do this, but didn't think it was possible without the mod.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

yup, stock key fob opens windows, does not close them but opens them and lets hot air out as you walk up to the car.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

is there a way to have a remote start on it ?

Old 09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kamiar
2016 InControl should have remote start via connected app. Annual fee will apply.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
yup, stock key fob opens windows, does not close them but opens them and lets hot air out as you walk up to the car.
I can close mine...lock via keyfob and keep lock button held down. After 3 seconds, windows start closing.

Disclaimer...mine is a UK Coupe. I know there can be some differences between UK and US...

Old 09-29-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by meefer
2016 InControl should have remote start via connected app. Annual fee will apply.
I believe annual fee only applies once the warranty expires. Or at least, I've not yet been charged on my new Coupe. For me, that's 3 years to wait before I find out the cost (we only get 3 years warranty in UK, I think you get more in US?).

Old 09-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
I can close mine...lock via keyfob and keep lock button held down. After 3 seconds, windows start closing.

Disclaimer...mine is a UK Coupe. I know there can be some differences between UK and US...
Yes, this is yet another difference between US and UK versions. Given the lawsuit happy culture in the US, JLR attorneys have apparently decided it's too big a liability to allow this feature, so it's not programmed. The concern is little kids playing unsupervised in a vehicle and getting their fingers squished.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

No, Jaguar Canada did not bother to do the work that would allow this feature to work. So all the necessary hardware is deleted at build.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by DuhCar
No, Jaguar Canada did not bother to do the work that would allow this feature to work. So all the necessary hardware is deleted at build.
i thought the hardware is there just disable in the software :|

Old 09-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, this is yet another difference between US and UK versions. Given the lawsuit happy culture in the US, JLR attorneys have apparently decided it's too big a liability to allow this feature, so it's not programmed. The concern is little kids playing unsupervised in a vehicle and getting their fingers squished.
Wow, thought you guys lived in the land of the free!

I see Paul Walker's daughter is planning to sue Porsche over his death, and there was me thinking the cause of death was doing 94 in a 45 then losing control and hitting a tree...she can't seriously have a case?!

Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
Wow, thought you guys lived in the land of the free!

I see Paul Walker's daughter is planning to sue Porsche over his death, and there was me thinking the cause of death was doing 94 in a 45 then losing control and hitting a tree...she can't seriously have a case?!
It is the land of the free--easy and free for almost anyone to file a lawsuit. There's no shortage of attorneys who will take an injury case with no money down on contingency knowing they're likely to recover their costs or much better.

Second, this isn't a government regulation, it's just a corporate decision by Jaguar to avoid a possible liability.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

i thought the hardware is there just disable in the software :|
No, the build sheet shows a lot of deletes on it.

I too wish that they had left the hardware on the car, but nooo.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Originally Posted by meefer
In US, annual fee applies after 5 years (matches warranty). Remote start not available on MT, hence no climate preconditioning either (works on the AT).

InControl Remote very dangerous. My beautiful bride can track me wherever I'm at.

InControl Apps all very cool. Much more advanced than my '76 FJ40.

Last edited by Unhingd; 09-29-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jmfan
The A/C is powerful enough to keep you comfortable even on a 100 degree day with black interior and the top down.
Slightly off topic, but, wouldn't that knacker the AC system?

Just curious, as I thought running the AC open to the environment would cause damage?...not that we get many days here in the UK where we need AC anyway ;-)

Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by DuhCar
No, the build sheet shows a lot of deletes on it.

I too wish that they had left the hardware on the car, but nooo.
you got a picture of what are deleted ? and by any chance did you ask why ? that remote start come in very handy in canada

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...