F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar1611
I tried the hold unlock button and the windows opened!
i tried the same thing on my ‘018 type R....only got the driver’s window to go down. You said windows...both went down?

Old 07-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey tzoid9, Just tried in on my 18 Type R and both windows went down. They didn't go up when I held the lock button

Old 07-08-2018, 12:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I think these are vents that measure the ambient internal temperature of the car?
The ones on the side are fake unfortunately.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Something that adds to the cool factor of the car. Who cares if they are just for visual appeal. Don't decorate your tree in December!

Old 07-10-2018, 06:41 AM
Received 186 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by tzoid9

i tried the same thing on my ‘018 type R....only got the driver’s window to go down. You said windows...both went down?
Both windows

Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

tzoid,
Is your auto-up feature working on the passenger side? If not, reprogramming that might enable the remote-down feature.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
tzoid,
Is your auto-up feature working on the passenger side? If not, reprogramming that might enable the remote-down feature.
thanks for thinking of me on your posting Unhingd ( love that name), but it’s really no big deal for me. My golf clubs usually ride in that seat and unlike my lovely wife, there’s no b*tching from them if the windows are up or down. I just put both down with the switches in the car when I want them down. I just drive it in nice weather, saving it for the next guy when I sell it! I know that’s stupid, but I can’t help myself!

Old 07-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

thanks for thinking of me on your posting Unhingd ( love that name), but it’s really no big deal for me. My golf clubs usually ride in that seat and unlike my lovely wife, there’s no b*tching from them if the windows are up or down. I just put both down with the switches in the car when I want them down. I just drive it in nice weather, saving it for the next guy when I sell it! I know that’s stupid, but I can’t help myself!
Golf clubs fit in my coupe trunk. I simply remove the "woods" and place them in separately with grips inserted first toward the taillights. The bag and remaining clubs go in last. I should point out that mine is a Ping Hoofer carry bag, not one of the staff bag types.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:03 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,065 Likes on 1,370 Posts

My golf clubs are almost always in the trunk of my convertible. Stand bag, woods out. The woods fit across the back of the trunk, but not while in the bag.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Glad to hear from the golf-a-holics in the crowd. Probably with a stand bag and maneuvering of the woods, the coupe’s trunk would fit a set. I have a large bag, almost a staff bag sized set up. Slipping them in the front seat is simple and easy for me. Regardless, nice hearing from you folks! Thanks!

Old 07-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 345 Posts

That I don't get text messages through my Infotainment System...

Old 07-12-2018, 01:39 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,065 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Glad to hear from the golf-a-holics in the crowd. Probably with a stand bag and maneuvering of the woods, the coupe’s trunk would fit a set. I have a large bag, almost a staff bag sized set up. Slipping them in the front seat is simple and easy for me. Regardless, nice hearing from you folks! Thanks!
With careful maneuvering, I can get two stand bags in the convertible trunk, with the woods in the passenger footwell, and a passenger in the passenger seat. Done it many times.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Banned

As the overly honest man said while on trial for murder: "Your honor, I'm a drug dealer, not a murderer," I will paraphrase: "tzoid, I'm an alcoholic, not a golf-a-holic."
To the bag carrying dilemma, my other bag (the female one), is rather large and takes up the available volume of the passenger area of my F-Type. Inasmuch as she insists on accompanying me to the course so as to ride around in the cart (the only exercise she gets), it was necessary that I find a method of conveying my golf clubs that did not entail taking up any of the space by SWMBO. We must all adapt to the circumstances at hand, and I envy your singular method.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
As the overly honest man said while on trial for murder: "Your honor, I'm a drug dealer, not a murderer," I will paraphrase: "tzoid, I'm an alcoholic, not a golf-a-holic."
To the bag carrying dilemma, my other bag (the female one), is rather large and takes up the available volume of the passenger area of my F-Type. Inasmuch as she insists on accompanying me to the course so as to ride around in the cart (the only exercise she gets), it was necessary that I find a method of conveying my golf clubs that did not entail taking up any of the space by SWMBO. We must all adapt to the circumstances at hand, and I envy your singular method.
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar *****.

- Mr. Taggart

Old 07-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eeeeek
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar *****.

- Mr. Taggart
Any relation to Dagny? Mr. Galt

Old 07-13-2018, 04:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

After an unexpected trip to Germany and a surprisingly empty Autobahn...

If you forget to put a few extra pounds in the tyres and drive faster than 250 km/h then a warning comes up on the dash telling you that your tyre pressures are too low for sustained high speed driving.

Similarly, there's a 12V pump in the toolkit, found this out after I had already bought one.

Just to make the Aussies (and Yanks) jealous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXf...ature=youtu.be

Cheers
Stu

The following users liked this post:
Magical (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,124 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Love it!
And yes, very jealous, no way I can do that here in Oz without instant loss of car, loss of licence and then jail time.
The main thing I noticed was the lane discipline, where drivers in the "fast" lane saw you coming up from behind and then pulled over to the "slow" lane to let you go.
Absolutely no such thing here in Oz, instead they sit in the "fast" lane at 5, 10 or even more km/h under the pitifully slow 100 or 110 km/h speed limit, with nothing at all in the slow lane, and refuse to move to the slow lane. They either simply never use their mirrors and don't even know you are there, or they do know and decide to deliberately block you.
I usually wait about 10 seconds then if they don't move over I flatten the go pedal and "undertake", which I notice you never had to do and which I would not do on the Autobahn given the speed differential.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Love it!
And yes, very jealous, no way I can do that here in Oz without instant loss of car, loss of licence and then jail time.
The main thing I noticed was the lane discipline, where drivers in the "fast" lane saw you coming up from behind and then pulled over to the "slow" lane to let you go.
Absolutely no such thing here in Oz, instead they sit in the "fast" lane at 5, 10 or even more km/h under the pitifully slow 100 or 110 km/h speed limit, with nothing at all in the slow lane, and refuse to move to the slow lane. They either simply never use their mirrors and don't even know you are there, or they do know and decide to deliberately block you.
I usually wait about 10 seconds then if they don't move over I flatten the go pedal and "undertake", which I notice you never had to do and which I would not do on the Autobahn given the speed differential.
I have edited out the bits where people blocked me, happens here too, just not as often and other drivers generally stay out of the way. You have to be very careful when approaching a line of vehicles, one will more often than not choose exactly the wrong moment to commence an overtaking manoeuvre. Overtaking on the right is expensive on the Autobahn, very much frowned upon, as is running out of fuel and the Jag uses quite a bit at speed!

You should also consider calling the "fast" lane an overtaking lane, then its purpose is explicitly spelled out, it is for overtaking, if you're not doing that go back to the cruising lane. Last weekend I had to cede passage to a McLaren, a Ferrari and a Lambo. The McLaren was impressive!

Cheers
Stu

Old 07-13-2018, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
Any relation to Dagny? Mr. Galt
coincidentally, one of my top 10 favorite takedowns of that insipid garbage of Ayn's is in the Economist letters to the editor, in the last few weeks. It is always the case of the immature to appreciate pretense before actual intelligence.

What a glorious treat. Lol

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
DJS (07-13-2018), Michael211 (05-01-2022)
Old 07-13-2018, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,124 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat156
I have edited out the bits where people blocked me, happens here too, just not as often and other drivers generally stay out of the way. You have to be very careful when approaching a line of vehicles, one will more often than not choose exactly the wrong moment to commence an overtaking manoeuvre. Overtaking on the right is expensive on the Autobahn, very much frowned upon, as is running out of fuel and the Jag uses quite a bit at speed!

You should also consider calling the "fast" lane an overtaking lane, then its purpose is explicitly spelled out, it is for overtaking, if you're not doing that go back to the cruising lane. Last weekend I had to cede passage to a McLaren, a Ferrari and a Lambo. The McLaren was impressive!

Cheers
Stu
Agreed, it should be the overtaking lane.
Here in Oz the national road rule on every road with a posted speed limit of more than 80 km/h is "keep left unless overtaking".
We even have signs saying that on many roads.
Problem is, no-one takes any notice and I have never seen or heard of anyone ever being pulled over by Plod and fined for not obeying this rule.

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...