Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/name-something-you-discovered-about-your-f-type-after-you-bought-150558/)

PolkNole 09-26-2015 05:42 PM

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

If everyone lists a thing or two, I'm sure we'll all walk away with a few AHA's ourselves!

I learned that the ECO button only works when the car's in non-dynamic mode, and that the manual spoiler button control only works when the car is in park.

So what'd you discover? :icon_steer:

TXJagR 09-26-2015 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by PolkNole (Post 1316636)

There is something weird hidden behind the license plate. (Still don't know, or care what it is... I assume a secret way to open the rear hatch should you have no power.)

Foosh 09-26-2015 05:59 PM

If everyone lists a thing or two, I'm sure we'll all walk away with a few AHA's ourselves!

I learned that the ECO button only works when the car's in non-dynamic mode, and that the manual spoiler button control only works when the car is in park.

I discovered that the manual spoiler button works any time I want it too, up to 60 mph when it deploys automatically.:icon_smile: Convertible and coupes in the US are different that way, but UK coupes also work in motion.

I learned if you use the paddles in any mode to downshift, eco-mode is disabled. I also recently learned that if you hold the right paddle down for a couple of seconds, it reverts back to D, and eco-mode does work.

I discovered I actually like eco-mode, and that it works really well. I've been having fun experimenting with gas-mileage during my commutes lately, but I've had my car for quite some time now.

Mbourne 09-26-2015 10:02 PM

I noticed that it had headlamp washers which I never knew it had and that I could check the oil level from the menus.

Foosh 09-26-2015 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mbourne (Post 1316723)
I noticed that it had headlamp washers which I never knew it had and that I could check the oil level from the menus.

In fact, it's the only way to check the oil level, short of extracting it and measuring how much is in a container.

Mbourne 09-26-2015 11:01 PM

So true. I finally read the entire owners manual. It only took me two weeks to remember that there was one. I was too busy driving!

Tel 09-27-2015 05:36 AM

I discovered that I needed a bigger Garage!

DuhCar 09-27-2015 05:50 AM

I discovered the auto high beam feature for the headlights. Works really well and love it!

McGriddle 09-27-2015 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by DuhCar (Post 1316841)
I discovered the auto high beam feature for the headlights. Works really well and love it!

This. I knew it cam with the car, but I never thought anything of it until I drove at night the first time. Very handy feature since I rarely use high beams myself. Having the car handle it is fantastic and it really does avoid dazzling other drivers.

jmfan 09-27-2015 11:46 AM

I can get more stuff in my convertible’s trunk than I originally thought (Actually much more than my previous BMW convertibles because the top does not fold into the trunk).

The A/C is powerful enough to keep you comfortable even on a 100 degree day with black interior and the top down.

Accidently setting off the alarm in your garage is ear splitting.

No locking fuel filler door

kamiar 09-27-2015 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mbourne (Post 1316723)

do you got a video of it :D never saw it on any of the video

Unhingd 09-27-2015 01:25 PM

Interesting: on my car, ECO is fully functional in dynamic or non-dynamic mode unless I turn the ECO button off. Could be an MT thing.

Unhingd 09-27-2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jmfan (Post 1316984)
The A/C is powerful enough to keep you comfortable even on a 100 degree day with black interior and the top down.

+1. The heater is also as effective. Unless it rains, I always leave the windows full down. (We'll see how far the temperatures need to drop, before that's no longer a true statement)

Mbourne 09-27-2015 02:13 PM

Not yet but I'll take one soon and post it.

myironlung 09-27-2015 02:48 PM

road turbulence

duprey26 09-28-2015 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy (Post 1317041)
+1. The heater is also as effective. Unless it rains, I always leave the windows full down. (We'll see how far the temperatures need to drop, before that's no longer a true statement)

+1 on the heater. My personal comfort zone for windows appears to be about 55F. Below that and the extra cabin air turbulence renders the heater only effective on the hands the vents are blowing on. Anything over a 10 minute ride at a temperature below that with the windows down results in a bit too much chill for me. At that point I either need to start wearing a coat (and probably hat) or put the windows up and retain a bit more of the heat.

EDIT: Just realized you have a coupe. Your window down temp will probably be different than mine. I'm referring to top and windows down temp. Still impressive on the heater though.

LynxFX 09-28-2015 02:54 PM

I recently found that you can pause and rewind the radio. Might only be for satellite, not sure.

shift 09-28-2015 06:23 PM

+1000 on the non locking fuel cover!

rav1up 09-28-2015 07:52 PM

When you are making 90 degree turns and lights are set to auto, I see the extreme right of the wall where I am turning light up. Its as though there is a headlamp that faces outwards from the sides of the car. I think its because of a LED that is separated from the the DRL that glows orange or white depending on whether you are in parked mode or driving. Or this may just be the headlamps moving so much as to light the right side.

JagBrian 09-28-2015 10:00 PM

I found out that the car plays actual DVD's on the screen via the CD player! Not that I'd ever use it, but its one of the first things I show people when they hop in the car lol.