Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by f-driver
there are no hydraulic lifters in the engine . Both V6 and V8 are using graded tappets to adjust valve gap .
I am unfamiliar with this technology. Can you point to a source of information, please? (auf Deutsch ist auch gut) Thank you.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-02-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:50 AM
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
I am unfamiliar with this technology. Can you point to a source of information, please? (auf Deutsch ist auch gut) Thank you.
picture C of enclosed document shows actual f-type design . Former
Jags used design as shown in picture A which allows adjusting valve gap
without removing the cams.

regards
Ulrich

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TB_Ventiltriebkomponenten_D.pdf (336.6 KB, 369 views)
Old 03-02-2015, 04:21 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi

Thanks for your posts.

Should any of you require assistance regarding the tapping noise concern that is being described on this thread, we would recommend seeking the assistance and advice of your local authorised Jaguar retailer in the first instance.

Your retailer will also be able to submit a Quality Report to Jaguar to document the concern in an official sense.

Should any of you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan

The following 2 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
ApolloBeachRetiree (03-02-2015), Masher02 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

picture C of enclosed document shows actual f-type design . Former Jags used design as shown in picture A which allows adjusting valve gap without removing the cams.
regards
Ulrich
Ausgeichnit. Grossen Dank!
Lance

Old 03-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Windshield Fluid

I am on my second F-Type and neither car seems to have a low fluid level sensor for the windshield washer fluid. Am I wrong? Many Thanks, /s/ Brad

Old 03-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nookieman
I am on my second F-Type and neither car seems to have a low fluid level sensor for the windshield washer fluid. Am I wrong? Many Thanks, /s/ Brad
My 2015 V6S convertible has a low fluid sensor for the windshield washer fluid. Dealer delivered my car with it almost empty. Tank is pretty big, it took 1 and 1/4 bottle of fluid to fill it up.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:59 PM

Hmm. Mine might have an issue then. What I thought was running out of fluid must have been something else. Maybe my pickup tube isn't getting to the bottom of the tank. When it stops working it only takes a third of a gallon to refill it to overflowing. Odd it would be the same in two cars. Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nookieman
Hmm. Mine might have an issue then. What I thought was running out of fluid must have been something else. Maybe my pickup tube isn't getting to the bottom of the tank. When it stops working it only takes a third of a gallon to refill it to overflowing. Odd it would be the same in two cars. Thanks for the quick reply.
That's weird because even when my low washer fluid light was on, I still had enough that it would spray. The tank is in the trunk for the convertible so I am sure there is still quite a bit of fluid in the tubes leading to wipers.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:01 AM

Hi Nookieman

Thank you for your posts.

I note your query and can confirm as per page 162 of the handbook for your vehicle that the Message Center will display a message when the washer bottle requires more fluid. Please refer to page 38, Instrument Panel for details of the Message Center.

Should you require further assistance, I would suggest visiting your local Jaguar retailer.

Regards

Ryan

Old 03-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Hallo Nookiemann ,
on the convertible (and I think on the coupe too) the windshield cleaning system has two tanks.
One beneath the right front fender and a bigger one in the rear in which you fill in the fluid.
Total capacity should be 6.1 liters. Both tanks are equipped which level sensors .
In the front tank two pumps are installed one for windshield and one for headlight cleaning .
In the rear tank one pump is installed to transferliquid from the rear to the front tank.
If the front level sensor recognizes a low level conditon the transfer pump in the
rear is started and the front tank is refilled whereas the rear level sensor is responsible to
initiate a low washer fluid message in the Message console. If you cannot spray due to a lack
of fluid in the front tank and you don't have a warning in the Message console there might be
a problem with the transfer pump or with the front tank level sensor .
No idea why you get similar problems on two different cars . If you siphon off your rear tank
you should get a message in the Message console . Might help to isolate the problem .
Hope your dealer is familiar with the f-type technics .
Regards
Ulrich

The following 3 users liked this post by f-driver:
amr42 (09-05-2016), DJS (03-13-2015), DuhCar (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 06:24 PM

Hallo Nookiemann ,
on the convertible (and I think on the coupe too) the windshield cleaning system has two tanks.
One beneath the right front fender and a bigger one in the rear in which you fill in the fluid.
Total capacity should be 6.1 liters. Both tanks are equipped which level sensors .
In the front tank two pumps are installed one for windshield and one for headlight cleaning .
In the rear tank one pump is installed to transferliquid from the rear to the front tank.
If the front level sensor recognizes a low level conditon the transfer pump in the
rear is started and the front tank is refilled whereas the rear level sensor is responsible to
initiate a low washer fluid message in the Message console. If you cannot spray due to a lack
of fluid in the front tank and you don't have a warning in the Message console there might be
a problem with the transfer pump or with the front tank level sensor .
No idea why you get similar problems on two different cars . If you siphon off your rear tank
you should get a message in the Message console . Might help to isolate the problem .
Hope your dealer is familiar with the f-type technics .
Regards
Ulrich
Thanks that's exactly what I will do.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

First issue i have with the R. Just curious if anybody else encountered similar issues.

While on auto, the A/C works fine initially, then once it gets to the desired temperature, instead of reducing the amount of cold air pumped into the car, it blows warmer air from outside, and then it kicks back on.

If not using auto and just set a temperature, the a/c compressor seems to be going in and out.

Unfortunately, my local dealer is not familiar with this issue. They kept the car for 5 days and told me it's running fine.

Additionally, to blowing warm air, i can smell condensation in the air that comes thru the vents.

Curios if anybody else had issues like this.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I truly like this car, period end of story.

You know what I am going to say first....."THE AUDIO SYSTEM IN THIS VEHICLE IS at best a bit more than a toy, not fit for a toyota, honda, Fiat (and these aren't bad cars, just not exotics of course). Base system mentioned here, not the upgraded:
1. - Rear Speakers hardly hear any volume
2. - Door Speakers (Mids) rattle on anything more than 25 volume, or base settings beyond 1/3 (note I use the term base here with caution, as I question the base at all.....)
3. - In all fairness the highs on this system are the most accurate and clear sounding that I have ever heard, which is why I am seeking solution, as once resolved I think i could be happy with the Meridian system (funny to hear me say this....right?)

Eco Start - "D" flashes when you forget to disable eco-start, and is fixed either in dynamic setting or shutting it off (scared to disable little battery, as not sure if it damages anything else....just risk adverse).

Otherwise, so far so good

Old 05-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

Add me to the "Gearbox Error on start up" list. Would not engage either Drive or Reverse.
Recycle 3 times with no change. Came back about 30 minutes later and all was OK again.
At the dealer yesterday, they pulled a code for a brake pressure switch which apparently can cause the Gearbox fault. They've ordered the part, so I'm driving with fingers crossed until it comes in. (They're going to do the center console at the same time.)

Old 05-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I took my car in for its first service recently and had the dealer fix three issues:

Knocking/clunking sound in the rear end when shifting from reverse to drive at low speeds. Turns out there is a service bulletin (JTB00402NAS2) for this to Loctite the transmission output flange to eliminate excessive backlash. Applies to VIN #’s K00001 – K19511. Bulletin attached. A simple fix but requires a few days in at the dealer to allow for curing time and I was told the exhaust system and other parts needed to be removed to gain access to this flange.

Navigation display would start up with a black screen occasionally. Everything would work but could not be controlled by the touch screen. The dealer duplicated the problem and applied a complete software update which has fixed it so far.

Center vent rattled at times and sounded like a loose wire was moving around. The problem was a loose center speaker cover and this is a known issue. The tech secured the cover which fixed the noise, however, after this repair, the center vent began to creak when opening and closing. This required another visit to the dealer and they replaced the entire center vent with a new one, which corrected the problem.

Attached Thumbnails Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-1.jpg   Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-2.jpg   Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-3.jpg   Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-4.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by jmfan:
BierNut (05-13-2015), DuhCar (05-13-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Recall number 2. Whatever it is will apparently take a day, but can wait another two weeks. They seemed interested in the mileage.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
Recall number 2. Whatever it is will apparently take a day, but can wait another two weeks. They seemed interested in the mileage.
Sorry, what was the specific of the recall? Thanks

Old 05-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No help from ....

[QUOTE=Ryan@Jaguar;1173966]Hi

Thanks for your posts.

Should any of you require assistance regarding the tapping noise concern that is being described on this thread, we would recommend seeking the assistance and advice of your local authorised Jaguar retailer in the first instance.

Your retailer will also be able to submit a Quality Report to Jaguar to document the concern in an official sense.

Should any of you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan[/QUOTE
Not getting anywhere fast with my issue, I've had multiple dealers look at it but I guess nobody wants to do the work...I'm at wits end, just built a new carport and will be recording sound...

Old 05-21-2015, 08:36 AM

Hi Masher02

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that you are continuing to experience concerns, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or frustration that may have have been caused.

Should you wish for me to forward your details to our Global Team once more to request you are contacted by Jaguar North America, please make me aware via PM and I will be happy to request this.

Regards

Ryan

Old 05-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stengli
3 additional problems to add:

Speaker in Driver's door not working;

Buzzing and distortion in speakers - general poor quality sound in 770 watt Meridian System.

Premature wear on convertible top fabric due to misalignment of the top in the storage compartment.

My dealer replaced the door speaker, but was not able to stop the buzzing and distortion in the speaker system. New convertible top is now at dealership, but replacement of top and further work on speaker system is now on hold because the Jag is in storage for our winter.

I love this car but the build quality and the sound system is worse than that on my previous car - a 2010 Nissan GT-R.

Stephen
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2014 V8 S Convertible, Italian Racing Red, all options.
The Jag is out of storage - now the there is minimal sound coming from the rear speakers, still getting buzzing from door speakers.

Took it to the dealer to get the convertible top replaced - it now looks and works just fine.

The tech confirmed my report on the buzzing in door speakers and lack of sound from rear - diagnosed both R + L rear subs as being defective. New ones on order for replacement. Tech attempted fix of buzzing in the Right door speaker- apparently did not notice buzzing in Left door speaker. Sound from Right door speaker is greatly improved - but still occasional buzzing - same for the left speaker.

Since this is the second time that I have taken the car in to have the the problems with the sound system addressed, i am going to contact Jaguar Canada to request a definitive fix before I take the car in to have the defective rear subs replaced.

I am going to suggest that I take the car to a high-end audio installer (I have a friend that manages one) to get the problems properly diagnosed along with directions for a definitive fix, which I will then take to the Dealer's shop for them to apply the repair. I strongly suspect that the buzzing I am experiencing is due to resonance in the door panels or mounting hardware for the door speakers. If this is the case, it can be eliminated by applying a product like Dynamat to the inside of the interior door panel and possibly the inside of the outside panel, depending upon how accessible that is.

My preference would be to have my friend's shop deal with this right now, but I was warned by the tech that if an unauthorized shop touches the audio system, Jaguar Canada could wash its hands of the problem and I could then be on my own. Since I am in need of replacement speakers as opposed to an adjustment I do not want to risk this at this time.

On another note: my Jag is a 2014 MY - I do not have the spare tire and the trunk (boot) floor contains an open square well in which the repair kit and pump is stored. When at my dealer I noticed that the 2015 MY's have a panel that covers the floor of the trunk making it level.

Since I have found not having a level floor is a bit of a PITA, I asked whether I could get the panel installed and was told that it came at a cost of $500!. Now, this panel is made of 3/8th inch hardboard covered by automotive carpet. I estimate that I could make one for less than $25 and an hour's worth of my time. I voiced some displeasure to my sales person - Jaguar's addition of this panel after the 2014 MY indicated to me that they considered the omission of the panel to be less than ideal and given the price of the car, I would expect then to provide it free of charge. My salesperson contacted Jaguar Canada and conveyed my concerns - Jaguar responded by providing one gratis. I was impressed by this and also by the fact that rather than have me wait for one to be shipped here, my salesperson took a panel out of one of their cars in inventory.

I must say, I love driving this car, but I am extremely disappointed with the audio system. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has experienced a definitive fix to this buzzing speaker issue.

Stephen
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2014 V8 S Convertible, Italian Racing Red, all options.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues