Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 08:48 AM
JFT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering failure

Hi, wish to add a new issue to this thread. Only received my base 2016 v6 coupe for a month and had the power steering assistance reduced message shown during start up sometime last week. First time it happened, I shut off the engine and came back 15 mins later to turn it on and it was fine. However, every single time from then on had resulted with that issue. I sent it back to the local JLR dealer, awaiting the update on the diagnosis for four days now..

Old 06-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi JFT,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Should you require any assistance from Jaguar Customer Relations, please do not hesitate to send me a PM containing your vehicle information, telephone number and email address.

Many thanks,

Lucy

Old 06-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Beware of OBDII / DLC port usage

So I combed through this entire thread and I didn't see any mention of this issue. If you use the OBDII / DLC port and unplug the device, the car will not hibernate causing the battery to die. You must perform a hard reset by disconnecting the positive on the battery. If you leave a device plugged in the OBDII / DLC port the car will not hibernate at all. Remember to reset the windows and hatch after a hard reset. I was almost for charged diagnostic time and new battery.

The following users liked this post:
Inspector-G (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by RawwR
So I combed through this entire thread and I didn't see any mention of this issue. If you use the OBDII / DLC port and unplug the device, the car will not hibernate causing the battery to die. You must perform a hard reset by disconnecting the positive on the battery. If you leave a device plugged in the OBDII / DLC port the car will not hibernate at all. Remember to reset the windows and hatch after a hard reset. I was almost for charged diagnostic time and new battery.
Perhaps not in this thread, but has been documented to various degrees in a number of dead battery threads as far back as last November. Thanks for posting it here.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RawwR
The dealership has decided to charge me for diagnostic time even after I had told them about low battery warnings the week before. They showed me a letter stating that the low battery warning is normal. I will dispute the charge. Stay away from Palm Beach Jaguar.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts
Default First minor problems

The center went does not always go down when ignition is turned off, and it jerks a bit when it rises. Known problem, and the fix is to replace the unit or parts of the unit.

Vertical scratch on passenger door window. Known problem with the door seal that might trap small stones that might scratch the window. The fix is to replace seals in both doors and the scratched window.

Car is booked inn early August to get the job done. All on warranty.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:23 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

My center vent wouldn't go down reliably, but I didn't care, I could just push it down. But the dealer noticed, and replaced it under warranty without my asking. Works 100% now.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

nice to hear there are dealerships out there that do the right thing and focus on customer service...

Old 08-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone heard any ticking or unusual noise out of the power vents? or near glove box area...
I just picked up my coupe about 2 weeks ago and it will tick in the right air vent for some odd reason here and now.
Of course when I took it in, it stopped doing it...

Old 09-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree
Kind of manual...except no clutch.
Slight correction - actually 2 clutch plates, but no clutch pedal...

Last edited by amr42; 09-05-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Stengli
On another note: my Jag is a 2014 MY - I do not have the spare tire and the trunk (boot) floor contains an open square well in which the repair kit and pump is stored. When at my dealer I noticed that the 2015 MY's have a panel that covers the floor of the trunk making it level.
Can someone confirm that for MY 2016 convertibles this panel was omitted???

Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Good afternoon all,

Thank you for your posts.

I can confirm that the 16 MY F-TYPE Coupe's have this boot insert present, however this is not present in the Convertible to enhance the boot offering.

Many thanks,
Amellia

The following users liked this post:
amr42 (09-13-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Trakrzy
Has anyone heard any ticking or unusual noise out of the power vents? or near glove box area...
I just picked up my coupe about 2 weeks ago and it will tick in the right air vent for some odd reason here and now.
Of course when I took it in, it stopped doing it...
I had it, deep inside the vent. It was a loose bolt on a fan (or something) but they heard it and took care of it, no muss no fuss

Old 09-13-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Good afternoon all,

Thank you for your posts.

I can confirm that the 16 MY F-TYPE Coupe's have this boot insert present, however this is not present in the Convertible to enhance the boot offering.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Thanks Amellia (2 L's!) for confirming. BTW - a little, wee, minor minor piece of feedback for the factory... Not worth a dealer visit!

The bits of velcro that hold the actual plastic trunk/boot well in place still had the plastic tape protecting the sticky back on mine! Obviously when I took the bin out it just came straight up. Now at least some velcro will 'hold on'...

BTW - I was lucky enough to tour the factory in Brown's Lane about 15 years ago and dreamed of owning a Jaguar ever since that day. Well back in July, it happened! Anecdotal: My biggest memory of the factory was the old Land Rover that was used to pull the street driven Jags (ones that failed) being tested back into the factory! Hopefully that Land Rover has been retired now since it has nothing to do !!

Keep up the good work !

Old 09-14-2016, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by amr42
Thanks Amellia (2 L's!) for confirming. BTW - a little, wee, minor minor piece of feedback for the factory... Not worth a dealer visit!

The bits of velcro that hold the actual plastic trunk/boot well in place still had the plastic tape protecting the sticky back on mine! Obviously when I took the bin out it just came straight up. Now at least some velcro will 'hold on'...

BTW - I was lucky enough to tour the factory in Brown's Lane about 15 years ago and dreamed of owning a Jaguar ever since that day. Well back in July, it happened! Anecdotal: My biggest memory of the factory was the old Land Rover that was used to pull the street driven Jags (ones that failed) being tested back into the factory! Hopefully that Land Rover has been retired now since it has nothing to do !!

Keep up the good work !
Good morning amr42,

Thank you for your post and for your feedback.

I am pleased to learn of your factory visit, and that you enjoyed it. But also more importantly that this inspired you to purchase a vehicle from the Jaguar brand, and that you have been able to fulfil this.

Please do not hesitate to PM me should you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Old 10-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

I dug through this and didn't see anything, but has anyone had the situation of one of the fenders being "loose"? I noticed the lines along the front of the car were "off" and not aligned, and it seems my fender and light "move" and are loose. Any one with this experience?

Old 11-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I dug through this and didn't see anything, but has anyone had the situation of one of the fenders being "loose"? I noticed the lines along the front of the car were "off" and not aligned, and it seems my fender and light "move" and are loose. Any one with this experience?
So I went to the dealer, and they took a peek.

this is a terrible few seconds of video that doesn't show the wiggling as much as the one edit that shows the "lines" completely off mark and not correct. But the flashlight and fender were moving quite a bit.
https://goo.gl/photos/Wex7m44uRXd3VZvK9

So the dealer fixes, totally under warranty, etc... but their explanation:

"A bolt, or bolts, just 'fell' out. Have no idea how that happens. Imagine that... so weird". They were friendly, accountable, etc.... but this sort of comment reminds me of the old days of Jag and problems.

I've an idea, but that's for another thread. =)

Old 11-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Problems

On my 2016 Convertible R found the following:
1. All 3 screws missing from both reverse lights. You could just push them in and they would be hanging by the wires
2. I could barely fit my foot on gas pedal without touching brake. Carpet was not secured down on the side and was bowed out. Easy fix from dealer.
But now carpet looks crinkled like aluminum foil. Not thrilled but maybe being too picky.
3. Gas fill problem also, but seems to be getting better somehow (only shuts off 2-3 times now)
4. Bonnet isn't lined up and sticks out on one side about 5mm

Old 11-08-2016, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by SanDiegoJAG
On my 2016 Convertible R found the following:
1. All 3 screws missing from both reverse lights. You could just push them in and they would be hanging by the wires
2. I could barely fit my foot on gas pedal without touching brake. Carpet was not secured down on the side and was bowed out. Easy fix from dealer.
But now carpet looks crinkled like aluminum foil. Not thrilled but maybe being too picky.
3. Gas fill problem also, but seems to be getting better somehow (only shuts off 2-3 times now)
Good afternoon SanDiegoJAG,

I am deeply sorry to learn of your concerns, and for any inconvenience this may have caused yourself.

Please can I kindly request that you provide me with your vehicle and contact details via PM in order to ensure that your concerns are investigated thoroughly.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Old 11-08-2016, 08:45 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoJAG
Could be misaligned (your dealer can fix this), but could also be from the hood not being latched properly. There are two techniques for getting it to latch squarely, and both depend on pushing the hood down from the middle, not from the sides.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues