Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Pirelli AMS/Jag markings (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/pirelli-ams-jag-markings-154941/)

CaptainHam 12-20-2015 06:12 AM

Pirelli AMS/Jag markings

Ok, ignore the fact that I intended to take out tyre insurance but then didn't bother (regretting that decision now!).

I've picked up some damage to my left rear Pirelli which can't be repaired...shop cost of a replacement is huge (£285) versus one of the main UK internet sites...but the Jag-specific version is listed on this website for £160, with the Aston Martin-specific version listed at £192.

But when I check my existing tyres, they have the AMS marking on...I'm wondering if I can get away with the Jag-marked ones in that case, I don't see why not?

These are 295/30R20s for info.

Unhingd 12-20-2015 08:30 AM

Unless you covet the AM mystique, I don't think it's worth an extra £32 to get an extra word stamped onto the side wall (it's exactly the same tire if it's a P-Zero)

CaptainHam 12-20-2015 09:48 AM

Thought they'd be the same, was just looking for a general consensus - thanks. And certainly not bothered about the extra special AMS stamp on the sidewall!

TXJagR 12-20-2015 10:02 AM

I was looking at tires online yesterday. I noticed there are a variety of PSS and PZero with the same dimensionss, speed ratings, and load bearing capacity. One ends in JA and one in AM. I assume that's the Jaguar versus Aston. Why would the prices be so different and whY would there be two different versions? It's not like the F Type is a Veyron and the manufacturer created tires specifically for the car...

Unhingd 12-20-2015 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by TXJagR (Post 1368415)
I was looking at tires online yesterday. I noticed there are a variety of PSS and PZero with the same dimensionss, speed ratings, and load bearing capacity. One ends in JA and one in AM. I assume that's the Jaguar versus Aston. Why would the prices be so different and whY would there be two different versions? It's not like the F Type is a Veyron and the manufacturer created tires specifically for the car...

All in the marketing. The AM tires probably cost more since they have to defray the setup charges over fewer cars than the Jag tires.

TXJagR 12-20-2015 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd (Post 1368467)
All in the marketing. The AM tires probably cost more since they have to defray the setup charges over fewer cars than the Jag tires.

Well hell, if they are physically identical besides the markings.... Give me the CH or FO... Chevy and Ford tires should be much cheaper!

Unhingd 12-20-2015 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by TXJagR (Post 1368480)
Well hell, if they are physically identical besides the markings.... Give me the CH or FO... Chevy and Ford tires should be much cheaper!

And...you'd get Goodyear tires.

TXJagR 12-20-2015 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd (Post 1368551)
And...you'd get Goodyear tires.

Well then, they certainly wouldn't be identical! :icon_fryingpan: