Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Question on ordering/buying F-Type (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/question-ordering-buying-f-type-126480/)

TheClown 09-15-2014 04:46 PM

Question on ordering/buying F-Type

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a F-Type, looking mainly at the V6S Coupe.

The base poverty/stripper spec V6S already seems to come with most of what I'm looking for. I might add a metallic color or change the default wheel, maybe upgrade the sound system, but otherwise I don't want to overburden the car with options that I don't need or want.

However, most cars on the lot are in fact loaded to the teeth, taking a ~80-85K car easily near or above 6 figures (which I can't afford).

I know it's common in the German car world (BMW, Porsche, etc.) that I'm more familiar with, but would Jaguar dealers take custom orders?

Lovemonet 09-15-2014 04:51 PM

I think you will find most of placed Custom orders. But be ready to wait 3-4 months! I ordered the end of August and delivery is "on track" for end of December.

shift 09-15-2014 06:26 PM

Jag dealers will definitely take custom orders. You do lose some leverage in negotiation on a custom order than buying one off the lot...

Crovax 09-15-2014 06:47 PM

Based on my experience, go for the custom order.
If you want to buy an F-type you have to make sure you get it exactly as you want it. No compromises.

It is worth the wait.

aJAGMan 09-15-2014 07:44 PM

Figure out exactly what you want in terms of model, color, and what options you MUST have, in addition to what options you would LIKE to have... make a written list, then ask your contact at the dealership to do a search of all local inventory, as well as all inbound vehicles -- using your criteria -- to see if anything is close. My dealer came back with a list of 20 cars.

In my case, nothing had everything I wanted, exactly as I wanted, and I figured that if I'm spending 100K, I should get what I want, so I elected to place an order.

You might be more flexible.

NaplesTopLess 09-15-2014 10:03 PM

My recommendation would to make a list of which options you MUST have and what colors you want. Then go to your local dealer and test drive the car, and if your really want it and they don't have the car you want, they can locate one from another dealer.

Last year I wanted the base with full leather seats in Salsa Red and the dealer didn't have the car so they swapped a car from their inventory with one in Memphis (I live in Southwest Florida) that had a few extra items but had ALL of my minimum requirements.

You can also use the Jag web site to search for the car you want from other dealerships and then, either, contact your local dealership or that dealership about a purchase price for the car you want.