Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Question re: detailing & paint protection (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/question-re-detailing-paint-protection-166779/)

ioneabee 08-03-2016 10:59 AM

Mine is in a wrappers shop as we speak - collecting tomorrow evening

spanky145 08-03-2016 12:45 PM

SunTek Film in NJ

Hi IBad2,

I have had PPF applied to two Jaguars and the work was done by Lee Berbs located in Hillsborough NJ which is not too far from Princeton and where his shop is located.

Lee is an outstanding installer and perfectionist who is authorized with Expel and SunTek films. These are the only films that he uses and in my case, he recommended going with SunTek since he felt that my metallic paint would come through better with this film over using Expel. Sun Tek was also a bit cheaper.

He works primarily on high end cars and is not a detailer. The only work that he does is PPF film and I think that he also does window tints.

I have no relationship to him other than being a satisfied customer and I highly recommend his work.

You can search his name on Face Book which is where he posts many of his completed jobs for you to view.

Hope this is helpful.

Ed

Ubad2 08-03-2016 04:07 PM

Thanks Ed

Originally Posted by spanky145 (Post 1509233)
Hi IBad2,

I have had PPF applied to two Jaguars and the work was done by Lee Berbs located in Hillsborough NJ which is not too far from Princeton and where his shop is located.

Lee is an outstanding installer and perfectionist who is authorized with Expel and SunTek films. These are the only films that he uses and in my case, he recommended going with SunTek since he felt that my metallic paint would come through better with this film over using Expel. Sun Tek was also a bit cheaper.

He works primarily on high end cars and is not a detailer. The only work that he does is PPF film and I think that he also does window tints.

I have no relationship to him other than being a satisfied customer and I highly recommend his work.

You can search his name on Face Book which is where he posts many of his completed jobs for you to view.

Hope this is helpful.

Ed

Hi Ed, if I can't find a local ok installer I may use the guy you recommend. I'm located in Riverdale, which is far from the Princeton region. Plus, I might be wrong but I don't think the install job can be done while I wait , so I'd need to have someone follow me to the installed which isn't easy with people's busy schedule .
I appreciate the info.

Tally Ho 08-03-2016 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1507893)
Well as far as I am concerned my paint is great, every bit as good as my Porsche was. I decided to clay bar my car after I got it and it felt unnecessary, the paint was already clay bar smooth. I have not found any obvious imperfections in my washing and polishing.
Larry

My paint looks great as well (rhodium silver). The first thing I did after I got it home was claybarred the entire car. There were lots of little "tarball" like imperfections stuck to the paint. After the claybar I applied the Zaino products I've been using on my Corvettes for years. My silver has a smooth, glossy, glass like finish now and the silver pops in the sunlight.

ioneabee 08-04-2016 06:35 AM

if it was tar - then you should use a tar remover/dissolver first and then clay bar it

Tally Ho 08-04-2016 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ioneabee (Post 1509633)
if it was tar - then you should use a tar remover/dissolver first and then clay bar it

It was "tar" like but not really tar. I originally thought it was paint defects. I think it was crap that stuck to it on its way across the pond or during transport from POE to the dealer. It came right off with the clay bar. The dealer detailers should have caught it but we know how that goes.