Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Satellite Radio (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/satellite-radio-214940/)

dgromega 03-12-2019 01:52 PM

Satellite Radio

Is it possible to have "factory" satellite radio installed in a 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S ?

Carbuff2 03-12-2019 03:37 PM

Our USA 2014 base model with Premium Pack 1 has Sirius capability. We don't have a subscription though. (Just the 'sample' channel, which works...)

Look at page 100 of the owners' manual.

(OR, are you asking about having it installed, if it doesn't have Sat Radio presently installed???)

dgromega 03-12-2019 04:18 PM

I just purchased a 2014 F-Type V8 S that appears to NOT HAVE satellite radio. My question is is it possible to have "factory" (OEM) satellite radio installed realizing it will probably be a little pricey, (I just retired after spending 46 years in the retail automobile business-dealer). Darrell

Cambo 03-12-2019 04:30 PM

Yes it is possible to make a retrofit of the factory SAT-Radio, but a dealer will not do it for you.
It's basically the same process as the DAB+ Digital Radio retrofits i've done in a few F-Types now.

You need the SAT receiver, the antenna that goes in the trunk lid, and some cables (which I produce, you cannot get them from JLR)
The last piece of the puzzle is some programming to turn on the SAT menu in the screen.
I know a guy in the Chicago area who could do the programming, but he's too busy at the moment to make the whole installation.
If you took care of the hardware side of things, he could do the programming later...

dgromega 03-12-2019 04:37 PM

Thank you, I knew it wouldn't be easy. Have an appointment with the Jag dealer in Peoria, IL Thursday, may look into the cost of the hardware.

Suaro 03-12-2019 05:07 PM

Cambo. I have Sirius in my car and so I am not asking about that, although I find it amazing that any car is sold without Sirius these days. I always figured that they gave away the hardware to get you to subscribe and generate an eternal flow of cash. But I find it fascinating that a person in Sydney knows someone in Chicago who has the level of expertise to address the OP's issue. My question is: Is there an international association of folks who deal in JLR black magic, fixing these for people like the OP.

dgromega 03-12-2019 05:17 PM

After doing some research I was told satellite radio was an option on the 2014 F-Type at a retail cost of $495.00.

Cambo 03-12-2019 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by dgromega (Post 2038888)
Thank you, I knew it wouldn't be easy. Have an appointment with the Jag dealer in Peoria, IL Thursday, may look into the cost of the hardware.

I doubt very much that the dealer will be able to help you, but see what they say anyway...
The antenna and receiver module can be sourced 2nd hand (unless you want to pay HUGE money for new parts).

Originally Posted by Suaro (Post 2038907)
....I find it fascinating that a person in Sydney knows someone in Chicago who has the level of expertise to address the OP's issue. My question is: Is there an international association of folks who deal in JLR black magic, fixing these for people like the OP.

Kind of, yes. But the world is a big place and there's really only a handful of people who can do this sort of thing. It's just luck for the OP that there is someone close to him.

There is another thread where some of the possibilities are listed out https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...atures-173984/

DJS 03-13-2019 09:40 AM

FYI, my experience (and others here too) is that this SiriusXM implementation seems to have pretty poor audio quality compared to other cars.

eeeeek 03-13-2019 12:36 PM

I let my free trial of Sirius go because the sound quality was just bad.

OzXFR 03-13-2019 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek (Post 2039273)

The DAB+ here in Oz (well at least in Adelaide) is really good, CD quality sound, and it costs zilch (unless you bought the car new then it was an option you had to pay for).
One of the very few things us Oz F-Type owners have better than you Muricans!

Unhingd 03-13-2019 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek (Post 2039273)

I wonder if location has any effect on sat quality. My Sirius reception quality is as good as any of the sources except for radio, which is not as good. Maybe I’m just not discerning enough.

lizzardo 03-13-2019 10:11 PM

My hearing is so damaged that the Sirius quality sounds decent. I continue to pay the subscription.

scm 03-14-2019 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR (Post 2039398)
The DAB+ here in Oz (well at least in Adelaide) is really good, CD quality sound ...

You're lucky then, here in the UK most DAB broadcasts are only up to 192kbps, which is far from CD quality.

PBBarb 03-16-2019 07:26 PM

A bit late to the discussion but Sirius/XM quality is great in mine. Spotify is meh, iTunes is great (both via BT). Interesting that some seem to be different.