F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Sound upgrade

I know this topic has come up before... 'but this time is different' (haha?)

To get started I need to know the easiest way to get at the amplifier (15 coupe 770w system). Please explain the steps like I'm 5... I have the service manual, and I have a lot of experience tearing apart cars and putting them back together without ruining anything, but this seems different, more fragile, and more complicated somehow.

I have pulled off some "miracles" in my other cars with the stock sound systems, making them much better for *very* low cost relative to the other options out there, so this will be worthwhile and I will share details of whatever I am able to do. This system needs help!

Thank you in advance!

Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, thank you! There was a thread a while back where someone tore out their whole interior, Dynamat'd, put in new speakers, really spent a lotta time on it. See if you can search for it. I can't right now.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

I think this thread might help, especially the first post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ight=amplifier

Old 08-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts
Talking

That was very helpful, thanks!

I have already made significant progress on what i'm calling the 'stage 1' upgrade. I have it to the point where I can *actually* listen to it; before I described it as "tragic".

Could anyone interested please private message me artist/title of songs that you recommend that I 'test drive' to see how they sound. Unorthodox request & approach I know. I think I'm really on to something here.

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I think this thread might help, especially the first post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ight=amplifier

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 08-16-2017 at 02:34 PM.