Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Spotify or Pandora (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/spotify-pandora-218534/)

scm 04-24-2021 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Carbuff2 (Post 2383126)
I'd rather spend my money on cars & driving than music.

PRIORITIES! :icon_screwy:

The real music comes out of the 4 speakers at the back! ;)

FarSide 04-26-2021 10:04 PM

Tidal streaming service has superior audio quality to Spotify.

Borbor 04-30-2021 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by FarSide (Post 2384059)
Tidal streaming service has superior audio quality to Spotify.

Thanks for mentioning TIDAL . I have just tried it at HIFI quality and it is amazing. Significantly better than Spotify in quality,dynamics are staggering better. Works through wireless CarPlay well so far but have not tested it extensively yet. I will look at the plan costs soon as still just on free one month trial period, and if similar to Spotify will def swap over..

RandyBennett 05-26-2021 02:18 AM

The amount of people on the F-Type forum saying they're too cheap for Spotify is baffling lmao

BruceTheQuail 05-18-2023 04:21 AM

I've got spotify premium, and quite apart from using it in the car what I am really liking is the suggestions that it makes. I had been getting a little bored with music and only heard new things from soundtracks to movies or clips, but Spotify's algorithm has sorted me out very nicely. I have come across many artists that fit my tastes that I never would have known existed and it has really given me a new lease on my music life, and now my missus has gotten into it in a fairly big way as well for the same reason. We would be using it 2 - 3 hours a day easily between us, so I suppose we really get our money's worth.

So every so often after a playlist has run I will click through the recommendations, more often that not I will come across something that I like and explore that artist, set up a new playlist quick as a snap. As someone who can get very obsessive about music (or pretty much anything) it has really been a game changer.

eeeeek 05-18-2023 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Harper (Post 2643359)
Actually, the one who has a premium account on Spotify can enjoy better sound quality, download music offline, and stream songs without ads. The listening experience is better.
However, the subscription fee is unaffordable for me. For this reason, I finally turn to a Spotify music downloader from AudBite for help. It easily and efficiently converts Spotify music in batch and saves in MP3 format at 320kbps for my offline playback. The one who has the same issue with me can give it a try.

It's $10 a month. I used to spend more than that a week on CDs.

Dwight Frye 05-19-2023 09:14 AM

I already pay for Sirius XM in both of my cars and I have Pandora through my Android Auto app. I wish the sound quality of both were better, I don't think it even approaches FM radio. I have the free Spotify app at home and would like to have the upgraded app in my cars but I'm just tired of all the nickel and dime monthly charges for things like phones, internet, cable, and mobile music apps.

If Sirius XM were to step up to the plate and improve their fidelity I'd be happy but I won't hold my breath. Same with Pandora.

DJS 05-19-2023 10:03 AM

I'm afraid the SiriusXM poor audio quality is probably from JLR's implementation, not SiriusXM - at least, plenty of folks have decent quality on other platforms - it wasn't bad on my previous Mercury Milan. I let mine lapse; I listen to mostly classical and thought most recordings on SiriusXM in my F-type sounded like a 78rpm vinyl recording (some could be, but not all.) Plus, they kept deleting the few channels I listened to.

mcphill 05-19-2023 01:37 PM

Pandora for me!

scm 05-19-2023 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by DJS (Post 2643761)
I listen to mostly classical and thought most recordings on SiriusXM in my F-type sounded like a 78rpm vinyl recording (some could be, but not all.) Plus, they kept deleting the few channels I listened to.

Er, weren't 78s made from shellac?

DJS 05-19-2023 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by scm (Post 2643881)
Er, weren't 78s made from shellac?

I may be old, but I’m not that old. I’ll defer to you. ;)

UriasHoward 07-12-2023 02:04 PM

I choose Spotify because it has a bigger music library and new songs are added every day.

mcphill 07-12-2023 05:04 PM

I have converted to YouTube Music. Better automatic playlists than Pandora, and haven't found anything it doesn't have yet.

eeeeek 07-12-2023 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by mcphill (Post 2659695)
I have converted to YouTube Music. Better automatic playlists than Pandora, and haven't found anything it doesn't have yet.

I'm getting more and more into YouTube music. I like to let it 'rabbit hole' I enter a song I want to hear and then sort of let it go from there. I've rediscovered some great songs I've forgotten about and found some that I never knew. My only gripe is they seemed to have changed the algorithm lately so it doesn't provide as much variety.

BruceTheQuail 07-12-2023 07:19 PM

We recently got a quite big screen TV and have a good soundbar, I am finding the TV excellent for youtube viewing. While it has voice control, I actually mainly use a keyboard for searching and then the recommendations do the rest (my missus queries why a lot of the recommended videos have large breasted ladies in the thumbnail, I honestly dont know how that has happened unless the TV can read minds). But yes I think that while spotify makes excellent recommendations, youtube is doing likewise, and I am getting to enjoy some great clips along the way. Recents worth a look are Odesza's Love Letter, and a bunch from Neelix. I am setting up playlists in youtube as well as spotify, though with youtube I find it harder to have it in the background as I want to watch it as well.

randyb 07-12-2023 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tahoe Dave (Post 2078480)
I have been listening to Pandora for years, in cars and streaming at home. Last week I decided to try Spotify on their subscription platform. They (Spotify) advertise that the "subscription sound quality is better..." than their free access. Aside from their superior download logic, the sound quality in my opinion is indeed considerably better. I'm curious if anyone has had this experience?

All they do is change the bit rate to lure you in. been using Iheart for years and its free.
And rip CD's onto my USB.

UriasHoward 07-14-2023 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail (Post 2659745)
We recently got a quite big screen TV and have a good soundbar, I am finding the TV excellent for youtube viewing. While it has voice control, I actually mainly use a keyboard for searching and then the recommendations do the rest (my missus queries why a lot of the recommended videos have large breasted ladies in the thumbnail, I honestly dont know how that has happened unless the TV can read minds). But yes I think that while spotify promotion makes excellent recommendations, youtube is doing likewise, and I am getting to enjoy some great clips along the way. Recents worth a look are Odesza's Love Letter, and a bunch from Neelix. I am setting up playlists in youtube as well as spotify, though with youtube I find it harder to have it in the background as I want to watch it as well.

Each of the platforms chooses its own ways to lure users. YouTube's recommendations don't always match what you've been searching for, but they do show something similar.

SassySarah 08-14-2023 06:49 AM

I've tried both and prefer Spotify, but I think that's a personal choice. However, I do notice an improvement in sound quality with Spotify versus radio or my own pre-recorded music whether through blue tooth or flash memory drive.

eeeeek 08-14-2023 11:06 AM

My get with spotify lately has been that the daily playlist have not been updating. I've had the same damn daily playlists for weeks.

Thunder Dump 08-14-2023 04:51 PM

When you see a poster with 1 post and there is a link embedded to a website in that first and only post, that should clue you in that it's a spambot posting.