Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Stratus Grey R - Pano Roof or not (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/stratus-grey-r-pano-roof-not-119745/)

jleuz1 06-12-2014 06:10 PM

Stratus Grey R - Pano Roof or not

I have ordered a Stratus Grey R
Options:
Diamond Cut Gyrodyne wheels
Black Pack
Vision Pack
Red Duo Seats
Panoramic Roof

I have until tomorrow to decide whether or not to get the Panoramic Roof. Will the black glass roof look weird on the Status Grey or be unnoticeable?

Dremorg 06-12-2014 06:14 PM

I love the panoramic roof on the coupe no matter what color the car is!

PD2911 06-12-2014 06:19 PM

I ordered the F Type S Coupe in Stratus Gray with pano roof. The stratus looks black in certain lighting. I only ordered the roof b/c Stratus is a dark color gray. I am not fond of the pano roof in other colors, with the exception of Ultmt Black and Polaris.

PD2911 06-12-2014 06:51 PM

Just want to add, after sitting in one of the coupes with the pano roof at the dealership I liked it. Originally I thought I would order Italian Racing Red and I knew I would not like the color break the pano roof would create. After I decided on the Stratus Gray the roof was a given for me.

LynxFX 06-12-2014 08:34 PM

I thought it wouldn't look good with IRR but after seeing the one at the Vancouver show I think the pano roof looks good on it. The fact that they blacken it all out along the roofline helps.

ftypegtr 06-12-2014 09:38 PM

Regardless of the color, I highly recommend the pano roof. I've had mine for a month now and the roof gives a great feel to the interior.

billykmd 06-12-2014 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ftypegtr (Post 994653)
Regardless of the color, I highly recommend the pano roof. I've had mine for a month now and the roof gives a great feel to the interior.

Agree. I have the panoramic roof and also Stratus R. Without it, the interior can feel a bit cramped. Would recommend it just as much as the vision pack which I think is essential.

PD2911 06-12-2014 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by LynxFX (Post 994610)
I thought it wouldn't look good with IRR but after seeing the one at the Vancouver show I think the pano roof looks good on it. The fact that they blacken it all out along the roofline helps.

The IRR R Coupe at the dealership did not have the pano roof. :(

digitalrurouni 06-13-2014 10:32 AM

I also recommend the panoramic roof. It does increase the 'airiness' inside the cabin.

jleuz1 07-23-2014 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by PD2911 (Post 994692)
The IRR R Coupe at the dealership did not have the pano roof. :(

I had two Acuras, one with the moon roof and one without. The one without had a inch or so more headroom and made the interior seem roomier. I was wondering if that was the same with the F Type Coupe.

shift 07-23-2014 10:25 AM

i went through this dilemma. wanted a polaris white, thought the pano roof would look odd with the contrast. ended up going with the pano roof and it's fine. would have regretted not getting it. on a nice sunny day it feels great. it blends in nicely when the back trunk glass lines.

Kas 07-23-2014 10:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally bothered to make an account here after lurking for months.

The website configurator does not do the colors any justice - you need to see actual images, or even better, in person.

My R should be arriving in a couple of days, however I will probably be able to pick it up during the first week of august (public holiday here next week). Will take pictures when I finally do.

In the meantime, here are a couple of pics of a similar build from the showroom (attached).

edit: removed the build, the actual order that went out was quite different! will post it in another thread on arrival.

PD2911 07-23-2014 12:05 PM

Welcome Kas!
Congrats on your R. The Stratus Gray is a beautiful color!