F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Into Admirers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Running Into Admirers

So just over a week ago, I took a spontaneous trip with the beautiful wifey to Santa Barbara and Solvang. On the way back, I run into this college kid and his girlfriend in a Lexus IS-F on the 101 South. He looked giddy and excited to see my car and his girlfriend started recording. I thought he wanted to race but later found out he just wanted to record me pulling on the highway and the sounds of my exhaust. Long story short, just by happenstance, I stumbled upon his Instagram page about a day later. We also happen to have a few mutual acquaintances on instagram. Andyway, he ended up sending me the short video. So here it is.....

Always nice to run into admirers

Old 08-07-2018, 06:24 AM

So on a different note, I was just reading a separate thread that has been locked. I was about to agree with 15FTypeR on his statement, as I, myself, have not been on this forum for a little while also. That’s when I realized there’s no reply icon, and therefore, locked. I missed all the rants that this V8S member went on. Does indeed sound like he was being a troll. However, having said that, I find it very comical that certain forum members (or member) felt the need to point out that name-calling, name-bashing, unprovoked attacks, senseless arguing, etc. is counterproductive. Because said member(s) does the EXACT SAME THING on multiple threads and even multiple forums. I will not publicly name this member. But if you’ve been on this forum for at least 3 months, u likely know who I’m talking about. Again, I just find it comical. It’s a case of the pot calling the kettle black. ��

Old 08-07-2018, 06:54 AM

I would like to add.....

Since joining this forum about 2 and a half years ago, I’ve learned quite a bit about my F-Type and my previous Jags. Members such as VAP Stuart, Stohlen, Unhinged, just to name a few, have been very informative and sometimes entertaining in offering advice, car knowledge, etc. This forum, by far, has been the best forum I’ve ever had a pleasure to be a part of. So to any and all members reading this: Let’s try to keep things professional and fun at the same time. Let’s not unnecessarily bash on one another and get into pissing matches for egotistical reasons.. We don’t have to all like each other and hold hands. But let’s try to respect each other and respect each other’s opinions. We’re all adults here. Let’s do our best to keep this forum a great place to share car knowledge and experiences. Thanks fellow members!

The following 3 users liked this post by sgvkirbster:
JgaXkr (09-15-2018), KarimEls (09-15-2018), Unhingd (08-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyways...back knto the OP’s original topic. I was cruising down the highway the other day and a motorcycle was approaching from the opposite direction, and when he got close, he gave me a big thumbs up, down low like bikers do with their wave. That out a big smile on my face! Never got this mich attention in all my Porsche days.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

I try not to run into admirers, it scratches the paintwork...

Old 08-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I try not to run into admirers, it scratches the paintwork...
it also makes them reluctant to admire further.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

also hard to clean them off the grill......
but they are nice to have around. Had a big thumbs up from driver in a classic Firebird a day or so ago. Always go to be appreciated by other enthusiast owners.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

It's been quiet here in S.W. Fla. with hurricane season going on, but I just came out after picking up some takeout Chinese(O.K., not exactly gourmet, but can't always have filet/lobster). Young potential Jag owner of about 13 with a skate board and nice Cannon SLR was looking over my F-Type and very politely asked if it was mine and if he could take a picture of two?
Of course I agreed and offered to open it up and let him shoot the interior if he wanted. He proceeded to shoot from several angles, and then as he was about the get a couple of interior shots one of our more 'Senior Citizens" waddled over and stated, " You aren't going to clip my car are you?". It was then that I noticed that she had a 2010 or so Toyota parked on the other side of me and was about to get into it. I walked around and carefully watched as she got in as I said, "Don't worry, I will definitely not touch your car with mine", making sure she saw me watching her open her door as she got into her clunky rice burner....... But then, maybe there is potential for the young and coming next generation, we just have to move over and give them a chance.
Gotta love life in S.W. Fla.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

The car gets a lot of attention still. I've only had mine for a few weeks and again today, coming back from shopping, I had to wipe off a bunch of fingerprints.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:12 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 1,049 Posts

The F-Type, like the XKR, has very sensual "hips" - I love stroking them when washing and drying the car!

The following users liked this post:
dws009 (09-19-2018)