Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Valet Mode...while visiting the dealership? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/valet-mode-while-visiting-dealership-223605/)

MisplacedPriorities 09-25-2019 08:56 PM

Valet Mode...while visiting the dealership?

So I'm about to take it to the dealership for a CEL, since it's still under warranty (thank goodness for the generous factory warranty). However, I've never had a car that I would consider needing to turn on Valet mode going to a dealership...do you do it? I'm just afraid of what could happen after hearing all those stories of dealerships joyriding cars.

Unhingd 09-26-2019 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities (Post 2131066)
So I'm about to take it to the dealership for a CEL, since it's still under warranty (thank goodness for the generous factory warranty). However, I've never had a car that I would consider needing to turn on Valet mode going to a dealership...do you do it? I'm just afraid of what could happen after hearing all those stories of dealerships joyriding cars.

Valet Mode has nothing to do with engine limitation. It merely denies access to the glovebox and the trunk area, which will leave the battery inaccessible to the mechanic. Don’t engage the valet mode.

Noshame 09-26-2019 09:23 AM

:icon_that:

Jaggyx 09-26-2019 12:07 PM

Bummer. Engine limitation should definitely be involved. If it was, I'd absolutely enable it at the dealer or shop.

MisplacedPriorities 09-28-2019 06:33 AM

That's super disappointing...but good to know. Thanks.

Nati 09-28-2019 07:34 AM

Even if you turned it on, they could turn it off.

alchemystic 09-30-2019 12:13 PM

Turn on "Journeys" with the InControl app to monitor and map where the dealer is driving your vehicle.

Unhingd 09-30-2019 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by alchemystic (Post 2133059)
Turn on "Journeys" with the InControl app to monitor and map where the dealer is driving your vehicle.

I regularly monitor Journeys when my F-Type is in for any type of service. I’ve never discovered any abuse.

Brutal 09-30-2019 02:19 PM

Trust me i dont even want to take your car out on the road unless i absolutly have to for all the other stupid asses. And i have had some close calls almost getting hit over the years. Yes dont turn on valet we always need battery access for sdd, programming use etc. We can turn it off but it is aggravating.
Worried, turn on journey, we all know owners monitor anyway.

Kendrick21 04-03-2020 07:59 PM

Valet mode won't turn off on 2000 xj8

I have no fob. I have unlocked the doors with the black key. I have tried to open the boot with the black key. It only turns to the right. It won't unlock. When I turn the key and push the button to open the boot, a beeping noise comes from the interior and the dash says valet mode.

lizzardo 04-03-2020 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kendrick21 (Post 2212963)
I have no fob. I have unlocked the doors with the black key. I have tried to open the boot with the black key. It only turns to the right. It won't unlock. When I turn the key and push the button to open the boot, a beeping noise comes from the interior and the dash says valet mode.

You're in the F-Type sub-forum. There's no key for the boot. It's electric only.

Nevertheless, it sounds like valet mode is set and you need to turn it off. If you don't have the code to do so, I see a dealer visit in your future.

scm 04-04-2020 05:45 AM

I thnk he's got an XKR, with two black keys and one green key. Prove me wrong! ;)

Unhingd 04-04-2020 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by scm (Post 2213089)
I thnk he's got an XKR, with two black keys and one green key. Prove me wrong! ;)

:icon_saywhat: Huh? Then why would he say he has an XJ8?

scm 04-04-2020 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd (Post 2213152)
:icon_saywhat: Huh? Then why would he say he has an XJ8?

D'oh! That'll teach me to skip the title and only read the post content. :(