Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Warm fuzzy feeling... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/warm-fuzzy-feeling-216943/)

reznik6044 04-26-2019 04:58 PM

Warm fuzzy feeling...

This may not come as a surprise to all of you, but I just wanted to share how awesome it is to still be getting complements on the car.

I am at an HPDE today with the Porsche Club so there are plenty of really nice cars, but I’ve had at least 6-7 people stop by to tell me how nice the F-Type looks and/or how much they love the exhaust note.

Every time I heard it I still get that warm fuzzy feeling :)

Side note, running all stock with only EBC Yellow Stuff pads (even oem Pirelli), the car is running and performing fantastic. I love how this car handles and the throttle response is great. Just wish it was a little lighter.

Fjmviper 04-26-2019 05:17 PM

Most of us feel the same.

Im feeling a void since selling my S 3 weeks ago. Waiting no so patiently for my 2020 R to arrive.

Sonoman 04-27-2019 10:03 AM

Agreed. Pulling into a parking lot downtown yesterday, a fellow about my age was driving toward me and flagged me to a stop to say, "That. Is. Beautiful. What kind of Jaguar is it?" I explained the lineage, then said, "If you like the front, you should check out the back..."

Unhingd 04-27-2019 06:57 PM

Twice on the same 10 mile trip last week, I had someone pull up next to me at a traffic light and launch a conversation. The first one asked if it was cop bait, and I revealed that it was the wrong color (BRG is a good camo color). He also regaled me with the traffic law trials and tribulations of one of our DC city council members who had a bright red Mustang. The second guy (in his minivan) proclaimed confidently that he could beat me to the next light. He did (traffic was horrible). lol

I'm never lonely when I'm driving this car.

jaguny 04-28-2019 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by reznik6044 (Post 2061290)
..…. I love how this car handles and the throttle response is great. Just wish it was a little lighter.

If you want the car lighter, you may consider some forged wheels as a start. I replaced mine about two weeks ago and switched over my new MP4S upsized front and rear. The handling is improved; car feels more nimble. I don't think I am imagining this. Also, there are other mods that can make the car lighter. Lighter rotors, stainless exhaust and the a lithium battery have been dome by a number of members. I may have the Wortec rotors I my list for looks and performance.

It's great that you have the "feeling".

uncheel 04-28-2019 07:27 PM

I always get a chuckle when my son meets us at the beach and he drives my F-Type. I had always told him that the Jag gets lots of attention, and, true to form, the first time he took it out to run some errands, he got 3 compliments. He was laughing because it's more attention than he gets from his Boxster Spyder, 911 Turbo, or GT3.

"And you had to tell them it was your Dad's car, right?"

Unhingd 04-28-2019 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by uncheel (Post 2062152)
I always get a chuckle when my son meets us at the beach and he drives my F-Type. I had always told him that the Jag gets lots of attention, and, true to form, the first time he took it out to run some errands, he got 3 compliments. He was laughing because it's more attention than he gets from his Boxster Spyder, 911 Turbo, or GT3.

"And you had to tell them it was your Dad's car, right?"

Has anyone ever gotten a compliment on how good their Porsche looks. “Cool” maybe, but never “beautiful”.

scm 04-29-2019 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd (Post 2062164)
Has anyone ever gotten a compliment on how good their Porsche looks. “Cool” maybe, but never “beautiful”.

Not many people think jelly moulds are beautiful. ;)

911Königin 04-29-2019 12:00 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...f4c0f5ce6f.jpg
^^^ Thought you might like this :icon_beerchug:

Originally Posted by reznik6044 (Post 2061290)
This may not come as a surprise to all of you, but I just wanted to share how awesome it is to still be getting complements on the car.

I am at an HPDE today with the Porsche Club so there are plenty of really nice cars, but I’ve had at least 6-7 people stop by to tell me how nice the F-Type looks and/or how much they love the exhaust note.

Every time I heard it I still get that warm fuzzy feeling :)

Side note, running all stock with only EBC Yellow Stuff pads (even oem Pirelli), the car is running and performing fantastic. I love how this car handles and the throttle response is great. Just wish it was a little lighter.

I was in the hound hauler (as the fur babies are not allowed in the Jag) and saw a black base ~ brought a huge grin to my face and gave him a thumbs up.

Sorry about Saturday.....hope it will get sorted and you can come on May 10-12.

Paul champagne 04-29-2019 06:52 PM

My Nest camera took some footage of a guy at 2:45 AM who stopped his car in front of mine, got out, walked around the car and took some pictures. Freaked me right out.

On my drive from MTL to Corpus and also on the trip back, I had cars pull alongside me to give my a thumbs up. Passengers filming with their phone etc. Never had any of that with my Porsche

Unhingd 05-05-2019 10:39 AM

Unbelievable: Yesterday, I got the thumbs up from a guy in a brand new F8 Tributo with the temp tags still on it (must have been the deccel fireworks as I pulled up to him...his car was quiet as a mouse). I'd gladly offer up an even swap, sell his car and have SVO build me a custom F-Type.

stmcknig 05-05-2019 06:50 PM

Was complimented on my Jag-Wire the other day. I replied, yes the Jag-You-Are is a great car....

OzXFR 05-05-2019 08:20 PM

Two days ago when I returned to the car in the shopping centre underground car park I noticed an old duck having a real close look at it (just the rear end, the rest was tucked between two other parked cars). As I have debadged the rear other than the leaper she didn't know what it was and asked me "what sort of car is this, is it a Porsche?".
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I laughed anyway and told her it was a Jaguar, and she responded "don't see many of them around here".

Unhingd 05-06-2019 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR (Post 2066034)
As I have debadged the rear other than the leaper she didn't know what it was ....

+1. With the lettering removed, most folks have no clue what it is.

cellculture 05-15-2019 11:01 PM

+2 - I've heard Ferrari, and Lamborghini LMAO!!