Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   BEFORE - Asking for help, PLEASE READ! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/before-asking-help-please-read-36386/)

JimC64 04-29-2010 06:42 PM

BEFORE - Asking for help, PLEASE READ!

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 178571

Before posting a topic asking for help on this issue or that issue, please, please make sure you cover the basics to help the techs / knowledgable members etc that may be able to help you.
In essence, Please help them to help you by provising the basic info as follows......

YOM - Year of manufacture
Model
Location - helps to identify if left hand / right hand drive

These guys don't have a crystall ball:icon_wink:

Thanks

Baby_Jag 05-03-2010 10:58 PM

go to my thread...
it in this sections as well..gen tech help
ihe thread is called TIE ROD QUESTION

can u help answer? please and thanks

gracecua44 07-29-2010 08:28 PM

Help With Rotars

I bought a used 2004 S-type R and absolutely love the car. When people told me maintenance was high, I didn't realize exactly how high they would be. I just replaced my rotars and they told me they are really soft and wear down quickly, so I'll be back doing it again soon. Are their harder metal rotars that last longer than the composites, and hopefully they would be the same price or cheaper? Is there any hope for saving money on this?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

joycesjag 07-29-2010 08:41 PM

Matt,there is another section in this forum called the "S TYPE SECTION" go to that section and be prepared to do alot of reading on your brake question. Also being a new member you can do a key word(s) search using the "Search Box" above.

Welcome to the forums and most of your questions should go to the S Type section for the fastest replies.

2006XXXType 02-06-2011 10:13 PM

Cylinder 1 Misfire after replacing spark plugs

2006 X-Type 3.0 V6 (Left hand drive)

Decided to do some maintenance on my car and replaced the Air and fuel filter and all spark plugs but afterward it misfires on cylinder 1 only, have a code for it and its severe enough to set another code for bank 1 cats being damaged, P1313 i think.

I believe cylinder 1 is the one against the firewall nearest to the pulleys?

It flashes the check engine light on take off and misfires constantly on idle and revving the engine but once I start driving about 35mph it seems to go away. Swapped the coil and plugs from #1 to #4 (the one thats easy to get to) but it still misfired on only #1..

Here's the bad things I think I did:

Used Bosch 4 tip uranium plutonium unobtainium plugs from pepboys but then why would that cause only #1 to misfire?

Also didn't replace the green intake gaskets but then again would that cause a misfire on more than just #1?

Any help would be appreciated guys, I guess I'll do a compression test on cylinder 1 tomorrow morning so that means I get to take off the intake manifold for a third time yaaaay :icon_doh:

Also read in some other threads leaky injector could be to blame, this is my next area to focus on how can I check it? I was planning to use a stethoscope to listen to it activating:icon_shrug:

Cadillac 02-07-2011 05:16 AM

I am locking this thread for convenience . If you have questions please use relevant forum or General Tech Help
Thanks

Translator 11-07-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64 (Post 199239)
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...0802/car01.jpg

Before posting a topic asking for help on this issue or that issue, please, please make sure you cover the basics to help the techs / knowledgeable members etc that may be able to help you.
In essence, Please help them to help you by providing the basic info as follows......

In the Title of your thread.
YOM - Year of manufacture
Model

Location - helps to identify if left hand / right hand drive

These guys don't have a crystall ball:icon_wink:

Thanks

Hi folks, since we expanded the forum in early summer, we now have sub-sections covering all the popular models.

If you have a question/problem/observation about a specific model, please will you scroll down to the Specific Model section and make your post in there.

You are much more likely to attract the attention of people who have the experience and knowledge to help you.

Over the course of the next few weeks, we are going to be making an effort to move Model specific threads from this General section into their correct Model sections. (probably a 4 Weetabix job)

The aim is to leave this section as a General non specific area, and more importantly, help reduce the number of posts that are not receiving prompt replies.

Please help us out and make your Model specific posts in the appropriate sub forums.

If you are unsure of which model you have, simply send a PM to myself or any of the Mod's.

Include as much detail in the title as you can. eg, 96 XJ, and we will help you along.

Thanks for all your help.

JimC64 11-17-2011 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 168592

When making a post asking for help, PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THE FOLLOWING..........

Be sure to include the Model, Year or manufacture and location as a minimum.....The model and Y.O.M in the thread title if at all possible

This will really help us at a future date when it comes time to migrate these threads to the forum section where they belong!

Thanks in advance for your help in this :icon_beerchug:

Translator 11-19-2011 12:59 PM

Daily BUMP.

JimC64 11-19-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by jimc64 (Post 430177)
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/...0802/car01.jpg

when making a post asking for help, please bear in mind the following..........

be sure to include the model, year or manufacture and location as a minimum.....the model and y.o.m in the thread title if at all possible

this will really help us at a future date when it comes time to migrate these threads to the forum section where they belong!

thanks in advance for your help in this :icon_beerchug:

please read!!

Translator 11-30-2011 02:51 AM

To the top.

Translator 01-09-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Translator (Post 426329)
Hi folks, since we expanded the forum in early summer, we now have sub-sections covering all the popular models.

If you have a question/problem/observation about a specific model, please will you scroll down to the Specific Model section and make your post in there.

You are much more likely to attract the attention of people who have the experience and knowledge to help you.

Over the course of the next few weeks, we are going to be making an effort to move Model specific threads from this General section into their correct Model sections. (probably a 4 Weetabix job)

The aim is to leave this section as a General non specific area, and more importantly, help reduce the number of posts that are not receiving prompt replies.

Please help us out and make your Model specific posts in the appropriate sub forums.

If you are unsure of which model you have, simply send a PM to myself or any of the Mod's.

Include as much detail in the title as you can. eg, 96 XJ, and we will help you along.

Thanks for all your help.

Originally Posted by JimC64 (Post 430177)
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...0802/car01.jpg

When making a post asking for help, PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THE FOLLOWING..........

Be sure to include the Model, Year or manufacture and location as a minimum.....The model and Y.O.M in the thread title if at all possible

This will really help us at a future date when it comes time to migrate these threads to the forum section where they belong!

Thanks in advance for your help in this :icon_beerchug:

Note, threads moved from this section over to Specific Model sections, will not generally carry a notification of the move.

Translator 07-30-2013 03:09 AM

Bump.