Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   iPhone issues w/ iOS 11 and cable (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/iphone-issues-w-ios-11-cable-189579/)

Chip Junk 09-22-2017 05:19 PM

iPhone issues w/ iOS 11 and cable

Anyone else have an issue with the phone not playing music while plugged in via lightning cable to the USB outlet? Once I plug in the cable the car recognizes the phone, but switches the music back to playing from the phone.

Had previously worked before even without the app. Car being serviced now to figure it out.

Any ideas?

youriv 09-25-2017 05:31 PM

YES!

I have the exact same problem. Contacted Apple Support and they told me in the end to contact Jaguar. Same old story!

JagV8 09-27-2017 05:08 AM

So it worked before iOS11 but not after?

Clearly Apple's fault if so!

youriv 09-27-2017 05:24 AM

Yeah it is. But how to resolve this?

JagV8 09-27-2017 12:07 PM

Keep at Apple. They broke it, they need to fix it.
Post complaints on twitter, apple fanboi sites, everywhere till they do.

Apple are the new Mickeysoft...

stmcknig 10-06-2017 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8 (Post 1766729)
Keep at Apple. They broke it, they need to fix it.
Post complaints on twitter, apple fanboi sites, everywhere till they do.

Apple are the new Mickeysoft...

That's not how software development works...sorry

JagV8 10-07-2017 01:55 AM

Sure it is. Even Apple can be shamed into fixing something just as Mickeysoft were a few months back.

stmcknig 10-10-2017 10:35 AM

You obviously have a cynical view of software development. Stuff isn't set in stone. The shaming should be the software developers writing these applications for Jaguar who aren't keeping up with the DEVELOPMENT. It's not a write once and done.

If Apple wrote the application for Jaguar, then you may have a sliver of a hair of a case. But how can you shame them for something they didn't write ?

Things move on. Luddites died out.

JagV8 10-11-2017 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by stmcknig (Post 1773337)
You obviously have a cynical view of software development.

I do because it's what I do for a living.

Apple broke it. Apple can fix it - if they get reports and can be bothered to fix things they broke.

Possibly Jaguar can find what Apple broke, possibly not, and possibly they could work around it. Don't hold your breath for this because it really doesn't matter to Jaguar.

youriv 11-01-2017 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chip Junk (Post 1764029)
Anyone else have an issue with the phone not playing music while plugged in via lightning cable to the USB outlet? Once I plug in the cable the car recognizes the phone, but switches the music back to playing from the phone.

Had previously worked before even without the app. Car being serviced now to figure it out.

Any ideas?

Did the service fix this issue? I am still having the same problem