Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   WDS Software - Please Help! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/wds-software-please-help-87976/)

Arik 01-10-2013 12:24 PM

WDS Software - Please Help!

Hi All,

I recently put my hands on an old Ford Portable Diagnostic Unit (PDU) without the docking station. The docking station I can live without, but the unit does me no good without the Jag WDS software.

I would appreciate any help in locating the correct software to make this unit work for me. I don't have anything to trade, but would be more than willing to reimburse for any time/effort/materials.

Thanks in advance!!!

motorcarman 01-11-2013 08:49 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Without a docking station you will have to devise a way to load the software. I posted a solution a few years ago using a 40 pin to 44 pin IDE ribbon cable to adapt a CDROM drive to the PTU and a 2.5" Hard Drive.

It is here some where in the archives and I posted PICS of the setup. A power supply to the CDROM is required as well as the cable and software.

You can also find someone with a docking station to load the software and then just use the A204 DC cable and the OBDII cable to power the PTU.

Several of us have the software and can create CDs to load the Jaguar info to the HDD. I would suggest having several HDDs in case one gets corrupted or keep one for Ford and another for Jaguar.

Here are some pics I made to load software when my docking station failed.

bob gauff

Arik 01-14-2013 02:59 PM

Hello Bob,

Those are excellent pictures of your setup to load the software! I checked your old post & find it was comprehensive and well written.

I have dug through my computer parts bin and have come up with everything I should need to load the software. Luckily I have extra hard drives from earlier laptop upgrades so I can save the original HD with the Ford setup on it.

Can I convince you to make software copies for me? As I stated on the original post I'm more than happy to reimburse you for any effort on my part.

aston-jag 01-15-2013 01:48 PM

WDS for Aston Martin required

Hi all,

Bad news is: I have traded in my 2003 jaguar:icon_bricks:; but instead I bought a 2000 db7:icon_steer: in return. Anyway I also recently bought a Ford WDS. I think there may be experts here that do have both the jaguar and AM disk to operate the WDS. Can anyone help me? I will certainly pay for the disk if available.
Thanks in advance,
Robert

xjrguy 01-15-2013 02:39 PM

Aston-jag.......

See your first post.

Cheers,

Mwise34 11-23-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by motorcarman (Post 654971)
Without a docking station you will have to devise a way to load the software. I posted a solution a few years ago using a 40 pin to 44 pin IDE ribbon cable to adapt a CDROM drive to the PTU and a 2.5" Hard Drive.

It is here some where in the archives and I posted PICS of the setup. A power supply to the CDROM is required as well as the cable and software.

You can also find someone with a docking station to load the software and then just use the A204 DC cable and the OBDII cable to power the PTU.

Several of us have the software and can create CDs to load the Jaguar info to the HDD. I would suggest having several HDDs in case one gets corrupted or keep one for Ford and another for Jaguar.

Here are some pics I made to load software when my docking station failed.

bob gauff

Can you give me the link to your original post. My ptu stocking station cd- rom isn't reading the data from the disc even after replacing it, and i am going to try to upload the software using your method.

xjrguy 11-23-2013 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mwise34 (Post 861220)
Can you give me the link to your original post. My ptu stocking station cd- rom isn't reading the data from the disc even after replacing it, and i am going to try to upload the software using your method.

Check your PM's

bigdany09 10-10-2022 07:53 AM

Hi, where you find the software for this model and you can help me to?

GTO Guru 10-10-2022 09:18 AM

Maybe I can help you. What year, make, and model are you interested in and are you using WDS. Also where are you located? You can also reach me at gtoguru@gmail.com.