I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 673 Likes on 486 Posts
Default Electric E-Type

Apparently Jaguar is looking at building an electric E-Type, likely short run and wicked expensive if they do, but man would it ever be tempting. I've thought about buying another E over the years (have owned 2) but the age of the powertrain and suspension just makes it sound like more work than fun and I'm not in my 30s anymore. I could do an electric...

Jaguar E-Type Zero | Cool Material

http://media.jaguar.com/news/2017/09...0&brand=jaguar

Old 09-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I have been test driving electric cars the last couple weeks and I am definitely sold on getting one. Then again, I am a good candidate to drive an electric car as I typically don't drive more than 20 or 25 miles per day.

Right now, the BMW i3 is on the top of my list, although it doesn't have very impressive range.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its a travesty of epic proportions that jaguar is using an electric e type sometimes well actuly all the time I wish I,could go to back to the 80s 90s or early 2000s

Old 09-27-2017, 01:26 PM

You'll need to add something to that comment, why would it be a travesty to update and electrify one of the most iconic designs of all time? They do have the iPace which is really the first truly ground up redesign of current generation electric car. They supposedly have 25K preorders for them (not bad for a firm that only sells around 150K cars annually): Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV has already accumulated 25,000 orders: CEO

Old 12-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jaguar would ruin what reputation they had left, most of us here like jaguar for their grace,pace,and space as well as the classic European style the i-pace has zero for style and the e type is nice when it has the amazing sound of a unrestricted 60s growl not when you here a zip, same with Ferrari. Electric cars aren't even good for the environment with electric energy coming from coal and nucular energy and I hope I don't have to remind you of chrboble

Old 06-26-2018, 03:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

“ Electric cars aren't even good for the environment with electric energy coming from coal and nucular energy”

well, that does depend on where you live. NZ produces 75% of its energy from renewable resources and aims to get closer to Norway which is 99%. If you were really concerned with the environment you certainly wouldn’t buy a new car, or travel by plane or even drive at all. Meanwhile I am seriously thinking of adding more solar panels to the roof and buying an IPace. And yes I know that doesn’t help the planet a whole heap. Guess I’ll also plant more trees.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:52 PM

Yep solar is on my list too. But I want the Solar flower and can't find an installer in my State yet... https://www.smartflowerpacific.com/