I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I-Pace Delayed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Received 673 Likes on 486 Posts
Default I-Pace Delayed

Just got an email from my dealer, first batch of I-Paces to the US delayed a month. Mid to late November now. Bet it's that damn Waymo order...

Old 07-16-2018, 04:07 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
Just got an email from my dealer, first batch of I-Paces to the US delayed a month. Mid to late November now. Bet it's that damn Waymo order...
I had just heard as well. Hoping the wait will be worth it! Also thinking about ordering an I-Pace, what made you decide on getting yours?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I also got a letter push back until November

Old 07-17-2018, 04:40 PM

Yep, annoying... As far as getting mine, I was at the launch in LA and fell in love with the car.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:11 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a really awesome car- definitely on the same boat as you

Old 07-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hearing December and with EPA, and a new model, it could be longer or shorter. Hard to say till they rate and waive it along. Frustrating though.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:23 AM

If I place an order now (in the U.S.), what is the delivery timeframe supposed to be roughly? If the very first units are in Nov or so, would I be waiting until spring? Summer?

Old 07-26-2018, 03:50 AM

They had around 30K preorders before the Waymo 30K order, that is 60K for the US they will need to work though. However part of the initial run will be dealer stock so, depending what is already in process for the dealers, you could get something as soon as December. If you are ordering something unique the dealer isn't getting in and can't trade for then yes you are likely waiting till around summer of 2019 for the car. But you should be able to find something close to what you want already shipped.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:12 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

My delivery date for a First Edition in December

Old 07-28-2018, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 512 Likes on 413 Posts

Zach nice collection, but what do you drive in the winter or are you someplace warm in the colder months?

Old 07-30-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by XJsss
Zach nice collection, but what do you drive in the winter or are you someplace warm in the colder months?
For the Winter my XJ is AWD (with winter tires), and if the weather is really bad I have a Nissan Titan XD 4 X 4

The following users liked this post:
XJsss (08-02-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

We got another delay email now saying end of November

Old 08-01-2018, 01:27 PM

The trouble is that by the time these cars are actually available I've lost interest.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Not me, I still really want mine...

Old 08-08-2018, 11:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd buy an I-PACE too. I'd even be willing to wait until one became available, and for me that's saying something; my poor old 2004 XJR is on its last legs. There's just one teensy little problem... I'd have nowhere to charge it! It isn't Jaguar's fault--or at least, it's not just their fault--but it's still a deal-killer for many would-be U.S. electric car buyers: the dismal lack of charging facilities in multi-family dwellings.

At the moment, I rent a unit in what most people I suppose would consider to be a high-end apartment building. Census data says the average annual income in my area is around $145K. There are also several high-rise condos in the vicinity. Just about everything is brand-new, built within the past 5-10 years at most. In short, the upper-middle-income renters and condo owners in this area are smack in the middle of the target demographic for a $75,000 Jaguar: they can easily afford one, they're not the kind of people who buy Altimas, and they need a car even though they live in a multi-family dwelling--public transport around here sucks.

You want to know how many of these so-called luxury buildings have garages with electric charging stations? One.

Just. One.

Believe me, I've looked--there is exactly one building out of all the mid- and high-rise residential buildings in my area that has a garage with charging stations (and nope, it's not my apartment building). There are about 200 units in that building with what I'm told are about 250 garage spaces--guess how many of the spaces are electrified? (Here's a hint: it ain't 250.)

Until this country gets serious about electrification, buyers of cars that run on volts instead of dino juice will be nearly exclusively limited to single-family homeowners. I love that Jaguar is being so forward-thinking, but I can't help but wonder if the cart is still a wee bit in front of the horse.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:42 AM

This has been an ongoing issue with electric cars. They are better for cities with constant stop and go driving and bigger smog problems, but cities tend to have multi-family buildings not stand alone houses, and getting the things charged becomes a problem. Electric scooters, bikes, and motorcycles can get around this by either being put inside to charge or having a removable battery that can be charged inside. Wireless charging is currently believed to be the answer but tearing up streets to put the technology in doesn't make sense until the cars are at critical mass and they can't get to critical mass without this solution in place. But, if you don't build the cars, you'll never get the chargers. What should happen is the government aggressively putting in charging infrastructure, which is happening in parts of Europe, as that would massively speed up the process. But, as you point out, until this is done electric cars for cities will largely only make sense for those that can figure out how to keep the things charged. So, you are correct, the cart is before the horse, but that is the way it unfortunately has to be.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM

yeah kitty makes a good point. Whereas if you can see it working out on your normal routine and wherever you live, a slight change in things and you could really have issues with an all electric. It's coming though. Slowly but surely. In a few years the new models will start to all transition over to electric and pay station charging will spread. There is still a lot of watching and waiting on the sidelines for what will be the predominant charge tech and how best to sell it. I still think if they can get the fast charge tech up a couple notches, then regular gas stations start to become a prime target to host fast chargers widespread.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Agree, here is an article that compares the Tesla Super chargers to Fast Charger implementations. Fast Chargers are way behind but VW has been sanctioned to install a ton of them as a partial sanction to their Diesel mishap. Right now an electric, for most of us, should be a second car not a primary. Where I live virtually everything we need is within 15 miles and I work from home so an electric is fine. https://www.greencarreports.com/news...ition-analysis

Old 08-24-2018, 09:47 AM

I have my confirmed order with

Build date of 12/7/18
Delivery date of 2/1/19

The following users liked this post:
enderle (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Default i-pace deliveries delayed

I have received notice from my Edison, NJ dealer that delivery will be delayed 4 to 6 weeks. Jaguar USA headquarters is located in Mahwah, NJ, so I optimistically hoped I might see my i-pace sooner, but obviously that's not the case. Well, at least the last amendment date has been pushed back, so maybe I'll have a shot at getting that gloss charcoal ash veneer. Hope springs eternal. I've waited so long for this car, I feel like I'm losing interest.

Quick Reply: I-Pace Delayed