Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   I-Pace EV (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i-pace-ev-102/)
-   -   I-Pace Level 2 Charging - Specify times through Jag App? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i-pace-ev-102/i-pace-level-2-charging-specify-times-through-jag-app-213217/)

Kingsway 01-25-2019 03:11 PM

I-Pace Level 2 Charging - Specify times through Jag App?

I will be picking up my I-Pace HSE in 2 weeks. I am currently considering Level 2 EVSE's - and trying to decide whether I need the more expensive ones with WiFi/Apps of their own.

Does the I-Pace and/or Jaguar App allow for charging only during certain times, to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates? Or will I need to have a connected Level 2 charger to do that?

enderle 01-25-2019 03:38 PM

As of right now that is something that is handled by the charger, though I think it could be handled by the car with a level 2 (it just isn't a feature I'm aware of). This may be a safety requirement but that is just speculation.Rob

I'm in error under preconditioning settings you can set charging times.

Kingsway 01-25-2019 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by enderle (Post 2018566)
As of right now that is something that is handled by the charger, though I think it could be handled by the car with a level 2 (it just isn't a feature I'm aware of). This may be a safety requirement but that is just speculation.

Okay thanks - that's too bad! I'm hoping that they keep updates for the App rolling out regularly. One other question, when 'pre-conditioning' - can you specify that the front and rear windshield heater turn on as well?

mjsammon 01-26-2019 06:22 AM

It depends if you want to keep track of your charging usage.
I, reluctantly, went with the Chargepoint level 2 charger. I say reluctantly because Chargepoint requires you to enter a credit card to use their app (gave them a 1 star review on Amazon). But I bought it because my employer has them in their parking lot and I can charge for free while I work. I get notified via the app when my charging time is up and if there are other people waiting I move my car.

When charging at home if you enter your electric utility rate you can track the cost also.

As for preconditioning, it only warms the battery not the windshield heaters.

enderle 01-26-2019 04:09 PM

I changed my answer on charging control, went into the preconditioning settings to see if I could make selections and I can't but found I could set charging times in a sub menu. So you can control charging from the car. Not sure of the logic for putting this under preconditioning but I've noticed a lot of the settings aren't in places that seem that intuitive.

Here is a link to a video that showcases both charging and preconditioning capability:

Kingsway 01-27-2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by enderle (Post 2018998)
I changed my answer on charging control, went into the preconditioning settings to see if I could make selections and I can't but found I could set charging times in a sub menu. So you can control charging from the car. Not sure of the logic for putting this under preconditioning but I've noticed a lot of the settings aren't in places that seem that intuitive.

Here is a link to a video that showcases both charging and preconditioning capability: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7NOrIMhzg

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. This is good, since it means I can confirm a non-connected Level 2 charger, and just use the I-Pace itself to specify charge times and pre-conditioning. Thanks a lot for following up on this. I do find that the dealerships are still a bit clueless about the details of the I-Pace. There's going to be quite a steep learning curve for these traditional dealerships with the I-Pace.

Wah-Wah Weeks 06-15-2022 11:17 AM

Uncertainty over charging scheduled by I-Pace

in my Jaguar I-Pace I can specify the charging times which it calls “preferred” times, but it doesn’t seem to make anything happen.. I’m using the Hypervolt scheduling instead which works. I’m left uncertain whether the Jaguar scheduling is functional.