Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   I-Pace EV (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i-pace-ev-102/)
-   -   My wife was hit yesterday morning in the I-PACE (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i-pace-ev-102/my-wife-hit-yesterday-morning-i-pace-212810/)

bashby 01-15-2019 10:29 AM

My wife was hit yesterday morning in the I-PACE

rear ended on the freeway driver was an illegal, no license, no insurance, and was allowed to drive away in his car ... that's California !

bummer.............

GGG 01-15-2019 10:53 AM

Hope she's OK ........

Graham

sklimii 01-15-2019 11:02 AM

ouch - hope wife is ok. Car is replaceable but certainly frustrating

bashby 01-15-2019 11:12 AM

yes she is ok, thank you. i agree it is what is it is, car will be fixed , just a bummer

CJ455 01-15-2019 03:25 PM

Glad she is okay! I am from California too, and being rear ended is always in the back of my mind. Must be frustrating. Good luck with the car!

enderle 01-18-2019 05:44 PM

I've been hit so much I'm natrually paranoid. In my old Mercedes ML320 I was hit three times. Once when the guy behind me was watching a stalled car and not my tailights, once when the car in front of me entered the interesection and then, instead of going forward when the light turned red decided to back up (and then claimed I'd hit him), and finally when I was between two other brand new SUVs and the guy in an RX7 traveling close to the speed of sound ran into all of us while we were sitting at a red light. The last time I heard him coming and tried to roll forward so the car behind me would take all the damage, I should have instead locked my brakes as the force transferred to my car and both my wife and I got neck injuries. But the worst rear ender I had was in a 1968 Couger (which I hated). I was stopped for a train and then, when the train paced, moved about a block to stop for a red light behind a long line of cars. The woman in a new Pontiac behind me apparently was watching the train, realized I'd moved, hit her accelorator and then went back to watching the train. As far as I can tell she hit me under full acceloration. I'd been leaning forward chainging an 8-Track tape (this was a while ago) and next thing I knew I was in the rear seat. When she slammed into me I hit the seat so hard I sheared off the back destroying the seat, and the car became an accoridian it and three of the other cars were totaled. I was uninjured, amazingly so was her 9 month old baby who had wrapped the shoulder belt around his neck and pivoted on that belt to smash, with some force, into the windshield. The child was screaming but no blood and, as far as I know, except for bruses,uninjured.

Anyway glad your wife is safe. How'd the car take the crash? The battery subframe is unusually robust so the electric cars generally do pretty well in accidents.

Stuart S 01-19-2019 07:20 PM

I'm glad I don't live on the Left Coast.

Don B 01-20-2019 11:04 AM

Please let us know if your wife is alright.

Cheers,

Don

bashby 01-22-2019 03:24 PM

yes Wife is doing great, thank you. Looks like just the rear body panel, haven't heard if they have taken it apart yet to really assess damage. We did notice that body panel spacing in the rear was way off. Also do not know if the back door would open or not. Will update as we get more info.

enderle 01-23-2019 06:26 PM

Glad she is OK, thanks for keeping us posted!

bashby 02-06-2019 05:27 PM

Revised estimate is almost $8000 all cosmetic , body parts, plastic pieces, fasteners,,, This is great news I think.

Just ordered parts on Monday, The newness of the car made the estimating process difficult, because there is no database on how much to charge to work on the car according the the body-shop. Still do not know how long it will take to get parts.

enderle 02-06-2019 06:03 PM

Glad it turned out OK, the battery pack makes these cars very sturdy so being hit in one should be a lot better than being hit by one. Keep us posted and best of luck!!

bashby 02-22-2019 09:50 AM

We are finally supposed to get our car back on the 27th !

enderle 02-22-2019 01:07 PM

Cool, I was out driving mine today, I really enjoy it. You'll love having it back.

bashby 02-28-2019 09:59 AM

It's back, very happy ! looks perfect ! also put the new purple stickers on. Sort of a bummer to have to put four stickers on to drive in the HOV lane, but worth it for the commute.

dsd 03-08-2019 03:22 PM

Thank you for posting this. Glad everyone is ok. 4 weeks from start to finish is pretty good timing— especially when hearing some Tesla nightmare stories. This is a pretty big advantage for an established marque.