Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/interior-21/)
-   -   headliner removal (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/interior-21/headliner-removal-51396/)

Jag Breeder 03-14-2011 01:33 AM

headliner removal

Does anyone know how to remove the headliner in a 01 s type

scars 04-09-2011 11:13 AM

to be honest i dont think theres a way without bending it....i just redid mine with all the pillars im about to put it back

Jag Breeder 04-14-2011 03:22 PM

What all did you have to take apart

scars 04-15-2011 04:52 PM

Visors handle bars ...and pop out the rear lights....u have to remove a pillars and loosen b and c pillars

Jag Breeder 04-16-2011 05:19 PM

And that's all thanks

JimC64 04-17-2011 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 172859

Anyone have a more definitive "how to" write up c/w pics / vid for this one?
Might be a good time to do it if there's anyone out there as I don't think there's one on site at present?

Jochem00 10-01-2011 11:11 AM

Not sure if you can get the headliner out through the trunk, otherwise you have to remove the front windshield.

It's a pretty straight forward job the remove the A B C pillar covers, handlebars lights, sun visors.
If you have to go throught the front windshield, you need a special wire cutter to gut throught the window sealant, for which you need some experience not to cut through the glass.

I replaced my headliner in my XKR 2 months ago in less then 2 hours, but that one goes throught the door. but there you have to take out the rear seats and passenger seat.

Jag Breeder 03-30-2012 06:17 PM

I finally got time to get my headliner out and it was a piece of cake it did come out perfect through the trunk now time to put my fabric on it thanks for the tips

Jochem00 10-25-2012 01:18 PM

I replaced my stype headliner yesterday evening, made some pictures which I will post soon.
And indeed the headliner goes out through the trunk. Very straight forward. Putting back in took less then an hour. I used a lighter to melt the glue for the wiring harness which is attached to the headliner.

Noticed that the velcro around the sunroof was not doing what it is supposed to do anymore.

Jochem00 10-26-2012 01:35 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Pictures

Lou'S 10-26-2012 02:41 AM

2005 S-Type Headliner

Hi Jochem,

My S-Type is a my 2005, and it also needs renewal of the cloth, colour "champagne", but I cannot (yet) find a supplier for the foam backed cloth in this colour.
Two questions:
1) Could you manage to put the renewed headliner back in without kinking it? My S-type has a sunroof as well.
2) Do you have the name of the company that made the cloth you used?

Jochem00 10-26-2012 12:22 PM

To take it out and put back in you rwally have to bend it and put a kinck in the board. When I took it out I thought, wtf this is not going to work but pushed it through anyway as I did not have much time to do the work. But with the new cloth on and putting it back into the car I do not notice any lines at all.

I thought the original headliner was grey but faded over the years but the new grey cloth is really grey and not the correct color as it has to be more beige/champagne. I will probably redo the headliner again in the future but had to leave the country again for a project abroad. So No I do not have the right color yet.
I might try this one Tissu Revêtement velours ciel de toit automobile SAM04 - Boutique Du Tapissier-Simili cuir-Tissu d'ameublement-étoffe-Tissu Revêtement automobile-Ciel de toit-Mousse de polyuréthan-Mousse tapissier-Outillage du tapissier-Meuble tapisée-www.bouti
Which is a company in germany. i might order a sample from them but I will not see my stype forthe coming 2 months

By the way, when you apply the new cloth, cut in the holes for the handle bars straight away so you have to stretch the cloth less in these areas. Same around the sunroof area which is very tight.

RobGardnerBlack 12-31-2014 07:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jochem00 (Post 607826)
And indeed the headliner goes out through the trunk. Very straight forward.

Variation on the same theme, I took mine in and out via the right rear door with the passenger seat all the way forward.

By pulling up the rear parcel shelf there is a green multi plug that allows the headliner card come out with all the wires attached; a little more time to access but keeps the wires in place.

I took the advice of Jochem00 and cut the holes in the headliner for the handles and sun roof which did make the job easier.

I went with black as I have an STR and it appropriate with the cream and black theme. The sunvisors are shot and I am unable to cover these so will source a newer set via a recycler here in Sacramento.