Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Replaced my trunk/boot lid support struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Replaced my trunk/boot lid support struts

Hi folks,

I just thought I would give you a tip about a product that I bought and am happy with so far.

I was out of state for a month and the Jag was left in the garage. When I returned I discovered that the gas or oil had leaked out of one of my struts. The lid was very heavy to lift and it would not stay up unassisted.

I did a search for new ones. I discovered that the prices vary widely. Jaguar wanted $118 each and other prices went from around $20 to $150 each! Normally I just figure that one gets what one pays for and go with upper end products. However, since the prices varied so much for the exact same products, I figured that I would try the lower price.

I ordered a pair of Lesjofors struts, made in Sweden. They cost me right at $29 each plus some shipping. I ordered them from Partsgeek. I placed the order on Wednesday evening and they arrived on Saturday morning by UPS ground.

I had watched a Youtube video about how to install them, so I had them on in about 10 minutes. (BTW an Amazon popup showed up this morning on my homepage advertising the same struts for $17 each)

I was quite pleased with their performance. I push the button to unlatch it, and then one finger starts the upward motion and up it goes. Since my original struts were probably installed at the factory I was not getting that level of lift from them.

Just my .02. Hope it helps someone.

Tom

The following users liked this post:
tonycroft1 (06-09-2014)