Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Leather Seat Reconditioning

Old 07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Leather Seat Reconditioning

Anyone have experience with products from Gliptone Leather Care (aka Liquid Leather)?

They apparently take a different approach to cracked leather treatment than most repair kit providers. Where many want you to clean, fill, sand, dye and protect the cracks, these guys say DO NOT fill and sand, - rather - clean, dye and protect.

I have some cracks/wear in my (new to me) X Type driver side leather seat and I wish to recondition the seats.

Of course they have VERY positive feedback on their webpage, just wondering if anyone in this forum had tried their products and the results you achieved.

Thanks in advance....

Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat Reconditioning-driver_seat_01.jpg  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no experience with their particular product or system but recently I did have a small bolster wear spot addressed by one of those guys that set up shop in dealer's back parking lots.

The price of the service was very reasonable and it looked new once completed. However, the leather had an uncommon soft natural finish and color that would range from blue to black from the factory. The "fix" altered the feel of the leather from soft to stiff and the variable color could not be matched so the new solid coloring was bled in across a wide area.

It might have worked fine for a car to run through an auction or for a quick flip. But I was so dissatisfied I sold the car that had served me well for about a decade and, but for my dissatisfaction with the "repair," would have for another.

I would suggest seeing, feeling and smelling a leather similar to yours after they have repaired it prior to getting locked into the position I did.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:59 AM
GGG
Received 16,756 Likes on 12,145 Posts

I've moved your question from Jaguar Forums Advice / Feedback & Suggestion Center to Interior forum. The Advice / Feedback & Suggestion Center is for posts about the forum and not for technical questions.

There has been discussion about Gliptone and Leatherique reconditioning kits across the various model forums. Here's an example:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...esolved-80080/

You can see the results on my X308 in post #3

The topic also turns up in both Interior and Detailing / Car Care forums.

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
bdboyle (12-17-2014), PanamaJag (07-30-2014)