Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

2013 Xkr 5.0L S upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Xkr 5.0L S upgrade questions

Hello,

not sure if this is the right place to post this =)

looking for answers for my 2013 XKR 5.0L Supercharged with the active performance exhaust (speed+black version)

just ordered the 1.5lb upper pully (Mina) for my engine after reading threw the forums it seams an safe place to start for modification , will work on an tune in the near future

I am looking for an intake system for this , talking with the dealer (service)
they are dead set in the fact that the stock system can not be tampered with at all without the computer freaking out, they also claim the stock system is by far better then anything out there.. if anyone knows of an setup that would work i am very interested

i love the exhaust sound i have but i would like some advice on making it louder maybe better cats? i would like it to still pass emissions though and have the ability when not in dynamic mode to be toned down using only the two pipes instead of the 4 ( dont care if its a little louder even on the 2 pipes )

i would also like some information about porting out the TB , what is the stock MM and what would be recommended ported to

i am having an really hard time finding information about this car and parts
i really appreciate all the information i can get

really i guess what i want to know is what have other people done and in what order to get the most bang for your buck

i have dyno`d the car its peek was 467.(somthing) RWHP don't have the page on my currently i am trying to get to about 550 by the end of my project (will post the image soon)

thanks
Tom

Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 PM

Not sure why anybody would want to do anything to a XKR-S. That is already one awesome performance car. I was just looking at one on Friday at my local Jag dealer. Did you get the coupe or the rag top?

As for upgrades, I doubt a pulley will do much for you as Jag has already maxed out the Eaton and it is already at its maximum efficiency.
I also can't believe you could find a better exhaust to put on it then the stock performance exhaust. I have the Borla on my XJR and I do like the sound over the stock exhaust, but the exhaust sound on your S is pretty sweet. I think it sounds as good as my exhaust note out of my 65 GTO with my 455 with 3 dueces and dual exhaust.

I think you just might be better off with a tuner and the dyno. Maybe advance that timing a bit.

The XKR-S is one sweet car and I'm so very jealous. I want one! Or maybe a 175 to go with my XKR-100 coupe...We'll see as I have my dealer looking for either a XKR-S Coupe or the 175.

Best car video ever: From the Smoking Tire:
This is the 175, but basically the XKR-S is the same. Be very happy with what you have!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:44 AM

Steve,

Thanks so much for that video was a thrill i do love this car =) ,
mine is the coupe.

My title was an little misleading i was meaning the S for the super charger not the xkr-s model which looking at it now was foolish.

I have just the XKR, but i have the performance active exhaust from the S and the top speed boosted its the black+speed(dynamic pack) , i was also told by the dealer this car has the suspension from the xkr-s and it also has the 295`s for rear tires like the S, pretty much its the S minus the 550HP, its probably more like 520..
just trying to get my power to the S . i opted for this one vs the S due to i like the hood more on the XKR then the XKR-S

you mentioned the super charger is already pushed to the max on the xkr-s is that the case with the xkr? and do you know the model number of the SC.

the Exhaust i don't want to change it i love the sound, makes me happy..as well as other things. Was looking for an idea of taking that sound and making it louder, maybe with high flow cats or straight pipe where the cats are etc..

Just to update i have ordered the upper pulley from ETG tuning, as well as their tune i`ve also gotten some k&n filters for the box , i`m sure i`ll be 100% happy with that setup

-Tom

Old 06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Rey
Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

I think you will benefit from a boost gauge to measure before/after boost, and any.supercharger degradation.
Any boost increase also increases heat (everywhere), which in turn increases detonation potential. You hardly ever hear "pinging" with modern motors as the knock sensors often activate before it is audible. Whenever, the knock sensors activate, they retard ignition and you lose power and economy.
Also, consider a ScanGauge or equivalent which fits into your OBDII port. Measure ambient/intake air temperature differential changes.
My 2007 XK (not supercharged) ran warm by the OEM thermostat which opens around 195 degrees. Coolant temps hovered around 203 degrees. My research indicates that motors run happier with less detonation potential at around 180-190 degrees. The ECU does not, repeat does not, recognize 180 degrees as "cold" or to "cold". I adapted a NAPA #166 thermostat to the Jag housing. It is an easy cheap mod. However, not sure if the direct-injection Jags use the same thermostat.
Boring your throttle body is a "non-detect" mod. Check out Maxbore.com throttle body boring service and repair. He does marvelous work with very quick turn-around for about $100.
Look into Superchillers and their competitors.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM

Rey,

thanks so much for the Url on the TB bore just what i was looking for,

Ss for cooling the engine do you think i would need to do anything else besides the Thermostat ? i was thinking maybe bigger oil/inter coolers , thinking of changing out the lower pulley as well there is an 3.lb boost + one i think . Holding off on that right now due to i`m worried about heat issues , i`ll work on trying to find an cooler running Thermostat

been playing with the idea of changing the intake system to custom piping with cone filters to get more air and also to open up the engine sound.. i hate how quiet it is when i get on it all i hear is exhaust..

thanks again for or the information

-Tom