Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Car ID Ad Impacts Mobile Users (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/car-id-ad-impacts-mobile-users-154758/)

carelm 12-16-2015 08:40 AM

Car ID Ad Impacts Mobile Users

The Car ID adversely impacts mobile users. If the ad is displayed, user is unable to either log in or view forums. If user attempts to view forums, user is knocked out of the Jaguarforums website.

IB Jason 12-16-2015 01:17 PM

Sorry about that! We're looking into the issue, but any additional information you can provide can help for a quicker fix. Please let me know if you were viewing our mobile site or our full desktop site on your device when you saw the Car ID ad, as well as whether the ad was a banner ad or if it took over your entire screen. Please also pass along what mobile device you were using at the time (i.e. an iPhone, an iPad, a Samsung Galaxy, etc.).

Thank you!

carelm 12-17-2015 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by IB Jason (Post 1366044)
Sorry about that! We're looking into the issue, but any additional information you can provide can help for a quicker fix. Please let me know if you were viewing our mobile site or our full desktop site on your device when you saw the Car ID ad, as well as whether the ad was a banner ad or if it took over your entire screen. Please also pass along what mobile device you were using at the time (i.e. an iPhone, an iPad, a Samsung Galaxy, etc.).

Thank you!

It was the mobile site to the best of my knowledge. The ad was a banner ad displayed on the home page. I was using an iPhone4.

IB Jason 12-17-2015 07:30 PM

Thanks for the additional details. If you see the ad again in the future, can you please take a screenshot and post it here?

1997Sovereign 02-24-2016 10:58 PM

I am getting the same thing on I phone 4 ad covers the whole screen the first couple of times I was able the scroll the add to the right to X it out but no more.

That was going through the mobile version,before that it was many redirects and then a reoccurring message where the browser could not open the site and the only way out was to shut down the phone.

There is another site, which is thehulltruth dot com boating site that had the same issues using the same forum base and seemed to have figured it out if that helps any.

IB Jason 02-25-2016 01:54 PM

Apologies for the intrusive ads, 1997Sovereign. If possible, can you please post a screenshot of the ad you're seeing?

Thanks!

1997Sovereign 03-01-2016 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by IB Jason (Post 1410492)
Apologies for the intrusive ads, 1997Sovereign. If possible, can you please post a screenshot of the ad you're seeing?

Thanks!

I snapped some but have turned them over to the attorney generals office,not against you guys but the advertising company itself.

Access from mobile is now non existence for me anyways do to constant redirects to download whatever and the add covering the screen,the only reason I can excess on the laptop is because of the pop-up blocker and disabling the sites ability to redirect.

The company you are using is Amobee and its add on "ad choices" uses distinct identifiers per device,and not cookies,once someone enters your site they log the IP address or mobile device ien number and store that into a data base so as soon as anybody access their computer via internet they are immediately tracked and the information is collected,emails,texts,anything media related.

You guys are paying them for information for your targeted audience and not the ability to track the movements of your users outside of the realm of the community.Or they are paying you to allow them the ability to farm data on users.

The site admin can contact the company and utilize the opt-out option and curtail their use outside of the community itself,if that works and still provides the needed revenue to the site.

Or users can accept that it will be a site not accessible via mobile devices.