Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Did you change format? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/did-you-change-format-209746/)

jrb53 10-24-2018 08:14 AM

Did you change format?

hi all did you change format for the forum ???. I am having difficulty with the layout not sure if its my laptop or not . thanks jrb53

GGG 10-24-2018 08:52 AM

There have been recent updates to resolve an issue with posting photos and to improve the design of various buttons.

I was posting during this update process and had to logout clear my browser cache and login again to get everything synchronised. You may need to do the same with your laptop.

Graham

Norri 10-24-2018 09:11 AM

The infinite scroll is also new, you can disable it if you wish, click on the "quick links" button at the top of the page then "edit options" then scroll down to the thread display options section and select disable infinite scroll and then hit the "save changes" button at the bottom of the page.

DJS 10-24-2018 09:35 AM

The forum currently doesn't work on my iPad (and another user's mobile devices.) It gets displayed as all text, not useful. Haven't tried to see if logging out might help. It's fine on my PC with Firefox.

RudyF6 10-24-2018 09:52 AM

All wrong for me as well using Chrome and IE on laptop. Not even formatted like a forum - looks like something you might have seen on an old "green screen" 30 years ago. Works fine on Android phone with Chrome though. Strange.

DJS 10-25-2018 09:55 AM

Still doesn't work on my iPad (with the iPad's Safari.) Can't believe no one else sees this? Haven't applied the latest iOS version yet.

labcoatguy 10-25-2018 11:02 AM

Also having problems here with everything laid out in a vertical sequence and occasional flickering of links, despite clearing cookies and cache. Chrome 70.0.3538.77 64-bit on Windows 10 Pro.

RudyF6 10-26-2018 08:14 AM

It's back today and all well. Anybody else?

jrb53 10-26-2018 08:17 AM

All is working again thanks, got to love updates sometimes they work other times not..

labcoatguy 10-26-2018 09:03 AM

Yup, good for me now too.

Norri 10-26-2018 09:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tijoe 11-12-2018 10:21 PM

How come every time I get used to the layout and format of the forum, they roll out another version. I like the infinite scroll, but now you see a "related thread" below the thread I am reading. In order to post to the thread, you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the "related thread" in order to post a reply. Real PITA. Any way to turn off seeing a related thread, so only the thread I am reading is viewed?
I am also having problems adding and uploading images in my replies. Often have to upload the image/s several times before they attach to my post. I have found that it has to do with where my cursor is located in the body of the text I have written.
I find I have to add a couple blank lines to the bottom of what I have written before images will upload. (Such a waste of precious time trying to get images to attach now, when it used to be really fast.

Joe

Norri 11-13-2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tijoe (Post 1988010)
Any way to turn off seeing a related thread, so only the thread I am reading is viewed?
Joe

Yes, you can disable the related thread option in the control panel.