Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Disable Facebook Feed option in posts (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/disable-facebook-feed-option-posts-139200/)

CharlzO 03-20-2015 07:38 PM

Disable Facebook Feed option in posts

Tried a search but didn't really find anything on it, so I either missed the right keyword combinations (even a blanket 'Facebook' search found nothing), or..

Is there a way to turn off the "Publish this to your facebook stream" option when posting/replying? I didn't see anything during a quick glance over common settings and options in the Control Panel, but I'd prefer to have it off by default vs having it on, if that's even a choice? Just curious, thanks.

GGG 03-21-2015 05:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Charles,

When you joined the forum I presume you chose the option of Fast Sign In using your Facebook account instead of Create Site Account?

Attachment 108309
(click on the image to enlarge it)

I'm not a Facebook user although I did setup an account when it first started.

Even when I login to Facebook and then reply to a forum post, I don't see the "Publish this to your Facebook stream" option.

I don't usually log out of the forum but have deliberately done so this morning and was going to login using my Facebook account as a test. When I saw the personal information this passes (completely unnecessarily) to the forum it confirmed to me exactly why I don't use Facebook!

Attachment 108310
(click on the image to enlarge it)

If you log out of the forum and then login using your Yahoo eMail address, I think the "Publish this to your Facebook stream" option will not be there.

I enjoyed browsing your "Welcome to my ramblings in the corner" which delayed my reply to your post. :icon_lol:

Graham

CharlzO 03-21-2015 11:17 AM

You know, now that you mention it, I did originally sign up and in with facebook, I'll have to try to play with signing out and then in "normally" and see if that helps. Thanks :)

I'm hoping to ramble some more today throughout, as it's still snowing. I've had the domain name a little while, been doing more on my boat site after last year, and got thinking I should see about consolidating, so it's a very slow work in progress. Thanks for checking it out :)

Edit: That was it. I logged out, went back in with a regular username and password instead of signing in using facebook, and that pulls the option out of the replies and posts. Easy enough, and I don't think I would've thought of that to even try. Thanks again!

GGG 03-21-2015 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by CharlzO (Post 1188189)
I did originally sign up and in with facebook...........: That was it. I logged out, went back in with a regular username and password instead of signing in using facebook, and that pulls the option out of the replies and posts.

Charles,

Good to hear that fixed it. Thanks for coming back with confirmation.

Graham