Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

The disappearing post

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Received 181 Likes on 138 Posts
Default The disappearing post

Just curious – There was a recent post in the Canadian section with the title of "Eurocharged", who I guess are one of the forum sponsors. All about pulleys and ECU tuning for Jaguars, seemingly aimed at the STR. Looked very interesting, and forum member GT42R decided to follow up, and requested moderators to transfer the post to the S-type section.

Shortly after that, the post has disappeared completely from the face of the earth. Just curious to know what is going on here...

Has the post been withdrawn?
Are the moderators on holiday?
Have Eurocharged ceased their sponsorship of the forum?
Are the postings of GT42R no longer held in high regard?

Just curious.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Robinb
Just curious – There was a recent post in the Canadian section with the title of "Eurocharged", who I guess are one of the forum sponsors. All about pulleys and ECU tuning for Jaguars, seemingly aimed at the STR. Looked very interesting, and forum member GT42R decided to follow up, and requested moderators to transfer the post to the S-type section.

Shortly after that, the post has disappeared completely from the face of the earth. Just curious to know what is going on here...

Has the post been withdrawn?
I don't know what happened Robin Eurocharged doesn't show any posts in their profile.
Are the moderators on holiday?
Absolutely not, the mod stipend doesn't stretch to holidays.
Have Eurocharged ceased their sponsorship of the forum?
They don't show up in the vendor directory Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum - Vendor Directory maybe Jim or Richard can confirm if they were vendors or have ceased to be.
Are the postings of GT42R no longer held in high regard?
Again absolutely not GT24R is a well respected member with a stunning R which I've had the pleasure of seeing in the flesh. (The car that is)

Just curious.
Was the post definitely by Eurocharged and not just concerning them?
Perhaps they were advertising without being sponsors?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:13 PM

The initial post was by Eurocharged, apparently an effort to advertise their services. I vaguely remember at that time that the word "sponsor" was mentioned. There were several contributors to the thread, including Mikey, myself, I think Rasputin, but most definitely GT42R.

I do recall that GT42R said he was just around the corner from these people, said they seemed to know what they were talking about, took his car around and downloaded part (or all of) the ECU, which they were going to send it to Texas for analysis.

I was very interested to read this thread since GT42R said he was going to check the results with a before-and-after dyno test.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Well my guess would be advertising their wares without being a vendor, the have 0 posts not even an intro.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:19 PM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Eurocharged Canada is a banned user.

Banned on 23rd Aug 2013 by Translator as "commercial spammer, 1st post selling + links" which contravenes forum rules.

Post consequently removed.

Graham

The following 3 users liked this post by GGG:
JimC64 (08-28-2013), Norri (08-28-2013), Robinb (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 PM

Wow, someone better tell GT42R. Thanks, GGG.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Robin, unfortunately we get people signing up to the forum simply to promote their business or worse.

If a new member makes no effort to follow the forum guidelines and makes a first post containing various commercial links before making any enquiries about becoming a vendor, they WILL be removed as a spammer.

Sadly, the state of things on the internet means that we have to tar everyone with the same brush.

Normally you won't be aware of just how many would be spammers we remove before they can do any damage by becoming active.

That is not to say that we can't also 'unremove' someone, should they decide to follow proper protocol and prove to be genuine.

The contact via email is open to anyone who wants to enquire about paying Vendor status.

If the first post in a thread is removed, then all subsequent posts within the thread will also go, but this has no bearing on the regard that we hold for forum members.

We simply try to keep the site as clean and spam free as possible for all members and we also have to 'protect' our paying sponsors, without whom the site would cease to exist.

HTH,
Richard

The following 2 users liked this post by Translator:
JimC64 (08-29-2013), Robinb (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I hold myself partially at fault- never occurred to me to verify if they were a legit sponsor or not.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Mikey, don't worry about it too much, as far as we're aware they're not a sponsor of this forum.

If they turn out to be at some point we'll find out about it and rectify it, no problems.

Better safe than sorry....