Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   kissimee florida (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/kissimee-florida-68237/)

dennisw 02-14-2012 10:50 AM

kissimee florida

why is kissimee florida in my face every time i load this forum?and i cant get rid of it

Sean B 02-14-2012 11:13 AM

Same here until I opened the forum in firefox.

jamjax 02-14-2012 11:23 AM

What can we say, Count Demon is an affectionate guy.

Only use Firefox so no ads, no problems.

cheers,

jj

XKRacer 02-14-2012 11:25 AM

It is driving me NUTS!!!!!... I have even tried through Chrome as it has crashed my IE, but the damn thing still pops up every time you go near the bloody thing...... I will just stay away for a while until it disappears

K.Westra 02-14-2012 11:35 AM

Google Chrome + AdBlock extension = me not having any idea what you guys are complaining about :)

XKRacer 02-14-2012 11:44 AM

I just added an ad blocker to my Chrome..... Oh bliss..... IE wont even load the page all I get is the heading, looks like I will be using Chrome for a while

GGG 02-14-2012 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by XKRacer (Post 469216)
I just added an ad blocker to my Chrome..... Oh bliss..... IE wont even load the page all I get is the heading, looks like I will be using Chrome for a while

Here's what it looks like with Firefox:

Attachment 16804

This also has Firefox AdBlocker loaded.

Graham

xenophobe 02-14-2012 01:35 PM

I can't see how anyone would surf the net without Adblock Plus installed...

The only friend who I know that won't use it is cause it blocks their pron vid sites.

Angus 02-15-2012 07:19 AM

Sitting at work swearing at the screen doesn't go down too well, especially when it isn't work related. I've loaded an ad blocker to Firefox and my language has improved straight away:icon_wink:

Paul Pavlik 02-15-2012 08:54 AM

I use SeaMonkey (Basically the same as FireFox) and no Adds embedded in posts.

I Don't use Add Blocker.

RCSign 02-15-2012 09:27 AM

I have Firefox with ad blocker and don't have any idea what your talking about.

Beav 02-15-2012 09:11 PM

Do any of you play for the Giants? (I'm going to Disney World!)

jagqueen 02-15-2012 09:51 PM

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...js=1#linksThis is a link to instructions from Norri on how to disable ads popping up in Internet explorer.Norri"s post is #18 in line.It definitely made my Jaguar Forums experience much faster and ad free.I have just had to re-set my computer after getting a new hard drive...saw those damned ads again, but not for long.Thanks again Norri!

cadmium 02-16-2012 05:03 AM

I am using Chrome with no additional plugins, on a Macbook Air and have never seen any ads. I feel like I am missing out here. What is Kissime selling exactly?

(Hi to Jagqueen from a fellow Aucklander also).

Regards
Stuart

jamjax 02-16-2012 07:05 AM

Ah Cad you have to be running some form of ad blocker because I use the Mac Air and Pro with Firefox and never open Chrome because that bugger puts up all kinds of ads on this forum and anything else....just saying.

I bet if you check under Chrome Preferences and then on the link to Extensions it is going to tell you which Ad blocks you have.

Surprisingly you can find a page of them for Chrome by searching for Ad Blockers in the Chrome Extensions page including one that blocks the opening ad on youtube...that says it isn't illegal?!

Since when have ad blockers in any application been illegal?

And since when are there ads on youtube.....see Firefox above.

For those of you with Chrome and Ad problems:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/s...Block?hl=en-US

cheers,

jj

cadmium 02-17-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by jamjax (Post 469959)
...I bet if you check under Chrome Preferences and then on the link to Extensions it is going to tell you which Ad blocks you have...

Weird - I've got an unrelated extension for Evernote but no others. I would have suspected it was a regional thing but Jagqueen is getting them.

Chrome 17.0.963.56 on OS X Lion 10.7.2

Regards
Cad

jagqueen 02-17-2012 04:55 PM

The plot thickens. I upgraded to IE8 after trying firefox and google chrome..I didn't like either, but on IE, the ads came back and this site became really slow to load again. Went back to Norri's solution to turn off scripting, however my Yahoo mail and one other site threw a hissie and would not function until I turned scripting back on.
Well my solution this morning was to download Adblock IE, and I'm happy to say ads have gone again and site is running like a dream.( I hope I haven't jinxed it now!)
I'm very relieved, as I was finding that I was thinking twice about viewing a thread, as the waiting to load was just too painful!
Hello too to Cadmium..Fellow Aucklander..Don't miss the Jaguar display at Galaxy of Cars next weekend...Unfortunately I will be working elsewhwere!