Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   No More "Thanks" Notifications? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/no-more-thanks-notifications-138254/)

LnrB 03-06-2015 10:47 AM

No More "Thanks" Notifications?

Since March 1 I have not been getting "New Thanks On Your Post" notifications. I've only noticed that members have thanked me when I happen to see the post I made, which in the case of the New Members area might be never.

If I want to see who has thanked me lately I have to click on the "Thanked" link and then of course I get a list, but they're not in real time.

I haven't changed anything in my control panel so I can only think IB has changed something again, like when Middle Click no longer opens a post in a new tab as happened previously, which was Very handy and I used quite a lot.

If I'm not getting these notifications it stands to reason others aren't either, so no one knows when I've thanked them unless they go looking.

Can we get that back please?
(';')

GGG 03-06-2015 10:57 AM

We did lose 'thanks' notifications for a short time a few weeks ago. Several members have recently reported it takes time for viewed ones to clear from the notification but not that they don't get them.

I've 'thanked' you for your post here. Please give it around 30 minutes and then check if it generates a notification.

Graham

Norri 03-06-2015 11:05 AM

I've never had the notification option activated, but........should I wish to where is it?
I don't see anything in options or is it included with the post notification option which I also don't use?

Doug 03-06-2015 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1177416)
Several members have recently reported it takes time for viewed ones to clear from the notification

Which is still happening....at least as of 2-3 days ago. After viewing it seems to take about 24 hours for the notification to disappear. Previously it would disappear immediately upon viewing.

Cheers
DD

GGG 03-06-2015 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 1177430)
I've never had the notification option activated, but........should I wish to where is it?
I don't see anything in options or is it included with the post notification option which I also don't use?

I can't find a specific option for it anywhere in User CP - Your Control Panel - Edit options or in our Moderator Control Panel so it must be linked with post notification.

Graham

LnrB 03-06-2015 01:34 PM

Yes, when I turned off Daily Email Notifications I also lost Thanks Notifications and also New Private Message notices. But I still get daily emails so I should also be getting Thanks notifications but I'm not.

Graham, yours doesn't show up either.
(';')

GGG 03-06-2015 01:51 PM

Elinor,

It should have appeared by now if it was going to.

Another one to add to our growing issues list.

Thanks,
Graham

Norri 03-06-2015 02:58 PM

I have an inkling that there used to be an option for thanks, but having never used it so could be confused.

plums 03-06-2015 04:35 PM

I never had it turned on, if there was ever a separate setting. However, I have never
received such notifications although they must be distinct from PM notifications, because
I have always gotten those.

.... and I still can no longer thank anyone, although I used to be able to do so.

JimC64 03-06-2015 08:11 PM

It should be back on soon, but for the time being, members unfortunately won't be able to receive notifications for new thank yous. PM notifications will continue to display as normal, though.