Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Really stupid Questions (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/really-stupid-questions-123302/)

o1xjr 08-02-2014 07:13 AM

Really stupid Questions

If I was to ask one. Where should post it:icon_couchhide:. "Not for me" another member asked me....

GGG 08-02-2014 07:17 AM

Is it 'Model' stupid or 'Region' stupid?

Graham

o1xjr 08-02-2014 07:34 AM

Just plain stupid. I think I got it sorted on msm. We get that sometimes down here,.Dont even have to be from Tasmania.

Mikey 08-02-2014 09:57 AM

I can't help on where to post the question, but I've got lots of stupid answers at the ready that might match up with your question. :icon_teeth:

retromotors 08-02-2014 10:25 AM

Well, regionally speaking, I'd post the question in USA-Southern Midwest.

I'm from Mississippi, and I'll pit our stupid people up against stupid folks anywhere!
Was just looking at a local Craigslist ad, someone was trying to sell a Chester drawers.
(Chest of drawers):icon_razz:

sklimii 08-02-2014 10:33 AM

retro - lmao - I didn't believe you so had to check -yes it is true - not only 1 but multiple ads!!!:icon_lolsign:

retromotors 08-02-2014 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by sklimii (Post 1028088)
retro - lmao - I didn't believe you so had to check -yes it is true - not only 1 but multiple ads!!!:icon_lolsign:

Sure it's true .... I never lie.
(then again, I try not to let truth stand in the way of a good story!):icon_wink:

edit .....
Just did a Craigslist search, no less than 24 area hits on chester drawers, mostly from Alabama, but still.
Jesus wept!

Cadillac 08-02-2014 02:05 PM

Off Topic should be the place to locate stupid questions or you can post official thread about nothing as well :icon_playing:
There isn't a stupid question, there is a stupid answer lol :icon_hyper: :icon_wink: :icon_razz: :icon_couchhide: :icon_playing: :icon_bubbles:

Joshy 10-26-2014 05:42 PM

Newby's look'n to start up.

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 1028071)
I can't help on where to post the question, but I've got lots of stupid answers at the ready that might match up with your question. :icon_teeth:

MIKEY- Maybe you can direct me. I just posted a sort of, "Here we Go", with 1st Jag we just got. I expect as the kid drives it'll need maintenance. We're beginners trying to learn & fix stuff. Is there an area where repairs are covered? Its a 2004 X-type 3.0.

JimC64 10-26-2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Joshy (Post 1087504)
MIKEY- Maybe you can direct me. I just posted a sort of, "Here we Go", with 1st Jag we just got. I expect as the kid drives it'll need maintenance. We're beginners trying to learn & fix stuff. Is there an area where repairs are covered? Its a 2004 X-type 3.0.

X type section is your home and where you'll find your answers

Mikey 10-26-2014 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Joshy (Post 1087504)

Sure- each model of car, old and new, has it's own tech section on the site. Here's a link to the X-type section:

X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

yarpos 10-26-2014 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by retromotors (Post 1028103)
Sure it's true .... I never lie.
(then again, I try not to let truth stand in the way of a good story!):icon_wink:

edit .....
Just did a Craigslist search, no less than 24 area hits on chester drawers, mostly from Alabama, but still.
Jesus wept!

Thats one of the problems with living in a country with a big population. There are just so many people at the bottom of the IQ bell curve that you just have to run into them regularly. By contrast here in Oz, even though I can assure you we are well represented in the potential "stupidest person on the planet" stakes, its a big place and there arent many of us. So your chances of not having to deal with total morons goes up, even better if you get out of the cities, especially Canberra (our DC)

plums 10-27-2014 06:17 AM

I would attribute "chester drawers" to the use of a dictation app on a phone.

You can find lots of examples on JF where a poster has obviously used a
dictation app and has not bothered to proof read his post. Or, could not
be bothered to correct his post. That's ok though, he just killed his chances of
a decent answer. Why prolong the agony by popping it to the top?

Speaking more generally, I attribute the whole thing to an entire
generation tied to their phones who would rather ask than read.

Being spoonfed does not lead to the ability to think.

Most annoying question?

"Where do I buy xyz part?"

Ever heard of a dealer? And if the unspoken part is "cheaper", if you can
find JF, you can find ebay. Or maybe even read a sponsor ad from SGB!

The above excepts owners of classics looking for things like SU carb
parts. :)