Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   roll calls (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/roll-calls-128551/)

yarpos 10-12-2014 05:52 AM

roll calls

Just wondering about the sudden interest in roll calls in our region. Is this something you do regularly? I didn't notice ours at first but I was accidentally subscribed to the intro thread , which had morphed to include a roll call

o1xjr 10-12-2014 06:08 AM

Hi Steve,
From what can see the roll calls are not a new thing. I see them as a useful tool for members and coordinators to see who in your region is an active or new member of the forums. Also a way to catch new members in your region that may slip by in the new members area.
Just another way of getting to know people in your region. If they have a different model car to you, you may never cross paths on the forums and never get involved in a local meet.
JimC64 (admin) has given them a bump recently I assume to bring them to top of the page and peoples attention .:icon_bump1:

:icon_beerchug:

GGG 10-12-2014 09:06 AM

Steve,

On this International forum, I'm always particularly interested to see the location of nearby members and I'm sure many other members must look out for the same thing in 'Location'. The Member Roll Call threads put this information into an easily accessible location.

We have recently split the enormous 'Australia & New Zealand' Region into six smaller divisions to make it easier for the Regional Coordinators to act as a focus for members in their Region. We also hope it will encourage more face to face meetings.

Graham

yarpos 10-12-2014 03:06 PM

thanks guys, just wondered what it was about when I saw it pop up. Hope it does somehow encourage people to meet up and enjoy their cars. There seems to be some reticence to do that at least in our area e.g. the last run , just 3 cars, but now over 1000 views of the related thread !!?? I guess if we keep doing, it they will come

JimC64 10-12-2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by yarpos (Post 1077018)
thanks guys, just wondered what it was about when I saw it pop up. Hope it does somehow encourage people to meet up and enjoy their cars. There seems to be some reticence to do that at least in our area e.g. the last run , just 3 cars, but now over 1000 views of the related thread !!?? I guess if we keep doing, it they will come

That is the whole point Steve.

Since the inception of the Regional areas and following the appointment of Regional Coordintors we have introduced these roll call threads for all of the aforementioned reasons and more.

With more & more discussions, the adding of some nice forum banners etc we have seen many meets in various regions worldwide, and growing.

Its all good.

yarpos 10-13-2014 01:07 AM

Actually used the info to PM people that there was a run thread happening. Already have one response. I love it when a plan comes together.