Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Scammer on Jaguar forums (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/scammer-jaguar-forums-199440/)

AZjag1999 04-04-2018 02:47 AM

Scammer on Jaguar forums

About two weeks ago, a user posted up parts for sale from his "wrecked" 01 XJR. I was in need of parts for my 1999 XJR, so I contacted the user and agreed that he would have his mechanic pull the parts, where he would then send me pictures of the parts before they were sent. I never got the pictures and was only given a tracking number, so I didn't think anything of it. As I was tracking the package, I saw a note that said "invalid delivery address," so I went to the local USPS office and the package was not even in my name, and had the wrong house number. Upon opening the package, there was simply a piece of paper with instructions on how to fix a pressure valve, and another piece of cardboard paper. Keep in mind, that the parts I requested, along with my name and address was TYPED, so there's no way he could have mistaken it. What should have rang bells, was that the user posted that the car was in a rear-end collision, but he later said that "The car's damage is contained to the roof area."

I should be able to get my money back though, since a dispute was filed.

Be aware of scammers on this forum.

GGG 04-04-2018 05:21 AM

Please see and reply to my PM.

Graham

BaxtersJag 04-04-2018 06:12 PM

I too was scamed by this same member. I sent money through GooglePay and have received nothing in the 17 days since payment. Mods,may we post this members information so he doesn't rip anyone else off?

Baxters Jag
2003 XJR

BaxtersJag 04-04-2018 06:52 PM

I have contacted Jaguar Forums about this scammer and have not received a private message in response.

AZjag1999 04-05-2018 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by BaxtersJag (Post 1871125)
I too was scamed by this same member. I sent money through GooglePay and have received nothing in the 17 days since payment. Mods,may we post this members information so he doesn't rip anyone else off?

Baxters Jag
2003 XJR

Agreed. Didn't think this could happen on an exclusive, if I may call it that, forum.

GGG 04-05-2018 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by BaxtersJag (Post 1871141)
I have contacted Jaguar Forums about this scammer and have not received a private message in response.

Please send me a PM with the details.

Graham

ericjansen 04-05-2018 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1871274)
Please send me a PM with the details

Sorry for your loss and trouble, guys.
Maybe an idea to suspend or take down his Sales adds to prevent further mayhem for others ...

AZjag1999 04-05-2018 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by ericjansen (Post 1871724)
Sorry for your loss and trouble, guys.
Maybe an idea to suspend or take down his Sales adds to prevent further mayhem for others ...

A lot of the people he has scammed have filed for a dispute to reverse the transactions we've made with the user "swagguar." There is no justice for wasting our time and causing disturbance among this community. If there is real justice to be served, it will be a legal matter involving law enforcement agencies.

Rpach10115 04-06-2018 07:39 PM

Unfortunately, This guy Charles Diaz, aka swagguar@gmail.com is laughing at us. He sent me an email that he is filing a claim with USPS for the insured value of his empty box he sent to my neighbor.

This was a well thought out scam that specifically targeted all of us.

We ALL should be offended by this.
:icon_banhim:

AZjag1999 04-06-2018 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rpach10115 (Post 1872364)
Unfortunately, This guy Charles Diaz, aka swagguar@gmail.com is laughing at us. He sent me an email that he is filing a claim with USPS for the insured value of his empty box he sent to my neighbor.

This was a well thought out scam that specifically targeted all of us.

We ALL should be offended by this.
:icon_banhim:

My empty box never made it to my neighbors. I had to pick it up at the USPS office. USPS should discern that his claim with them is also a scam, should they conduct a thorough investigation. If we can intervene with his claim on the insured packages, then I'm all for it.

89 Jcobra,

Harsh, but he has bad things coming his way.

89 Jacobra 04-07-2018 12:49 PM

Sorry I kinda lost my cool, but a thief and a liar are pretty low on my list of life forms. And I agree my original post was a bit Harsh. It was late and I just posted, as I was thinking it. I didn't have my 'filter" working.

Sorry Jack

Warspite 04-09-2018 10:31 PM

Bad enough that we have to deal with package thieves around here, but crime at the origin of the shipment is icing on the cake.

JaguarJeffrey 06-23-2018 08:34 PM

940. 18 U.S.C. Section 1341—Elements of Mail Fraud. "There are two elements in mail fraud: (1) having devised or intending to devise a scheme to defraud (or to perform specified fraudulent acts), and (2) use of the mail for the purpose of executing, or attempting to execute, the scheme (or specified fraudulent acts)."

Sounds like both conditions have been met. I would suggest filing a complaint with the postmaster general and pursuing a criminal matter.