Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Searching the forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/searching-forum-182101/)

jcreaden 05-16-2017 05:31 AM

Searching the forum

im sorry to clog the forum with this question and i feel like a dumba@! just having to ask but the search doesny seem to work for me. i type my criteria but it always takes me back to the same page so i wind up spending all my time sifting. am i doin something wrong here? please somebody help

GGG 05-16-2017 06:05 AM

I've moved your question from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre forum. This is the place to post questions ABOUT THE FORUM.

What are you trying to find and what search criteria are you using?

Graham

jcreaden 05-16-2017 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1684376)
I've moved your question from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre forum. This is the place to post questions ABOUT THE FORUM.

What are you trying to find and what search criteria are you using?

Graham

well I have tried several different searches and always wind up at the first page of all the threads. sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I tried entering transmission fluid and it just takes me back to all the threads. same when I search anything.

GGG 05-16-2017 10:05 AM

A forum search on 'transmission fluid' returns 20 pages of threads across almost all the forums. It's a very wide search term so not surprisingly it returns a large number of threads with relevant content.

Refining the forum search to 'transmission fluid + X308' returns 5 pages mainly in X308 forum with some in CLASSIFIEDS.

Still further refining search detail using 'transmission fluid + X308 + change' returns 3 pages of threads/posts.

An alternative approach is to use Google with 'jaguarforums + search criteria'. The more detail you put in the criteria, the better the results become filtered and relevant.

Graham

jcreaden 05-16-2017 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1684534)
A forum search on 'transmission fluid' returns 20 pages of threads across almost all the forums. It's a very wide search term so not surprisingly it returns a large number of threads with relevant content.

Refining the forum search to 'transmission fluid + X308' returns 5 pages mainly in X308 forum with some in CLASSIFIEDS.

Still further refining search detail using 'transmission fluid + X308 + change' returns 3 pages of threads/posts.

An alternative approach is to use Google with 'jaguarforums + search criteria'. The more detail you put in the criteria, the better the results become filtered and relevant.

Graham

Aha I see said the blind man more detail thanks graham for your patience and help