Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   Wanting to make sure I don't get banned again. Question (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/wanting-make-sure-i-dont-get-banned-again-question-180240/)

willdennis 04-19-2017 08:30 AM

Wanting to make sure I don't get banned again. Question

I read that you have to be on here for at least 3 days and at least 10 posts to post a classified. I have reached those requirements and was just wondering if I had to wait for a mod to update my profile or if I can just post a classified now. I posted a classified for my first post when I first joined. Didn't see the rules.

GGG 04-19-2017 09:18 AM

The rule is a 5 Post count AND registered on the forum for a minimum 10 Days. see this thread for the full guidance:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...ellers-100730/

We are not an alternative to ebay or craigslist. CLASSIFIEDS forum is a FREE SERVICE to members. The purpose of this restriction is to prevent anyone simply registering to post an advert. It is very effective as you discovered when I banned you the first time. :icon_lol:

You have the required post count and will reach the minimum membership time on April 26th.

However, as you've played by the rules and are clearly going to have your 'keeper' Jaguar for some time, I think we can cut you some slack on the membership time to help you make progress with the 'parts' car. Go ahead and post your advert in CLASSIFIEDS.

Graham

willdennis 04-19-2017 11:34 AM

Thank you!

cat_as_trophy 04-20-2017 08:45 AM

Good compromise and smart win-win all around. Welcome willdennis and as Graham's explanation infers, JF thrives not on members having just financial or purely commercial motives, but on shared knowledge, help and friendship. If you set out to do likewise, you will amply repay the concession granted.

Cheers and best wishes,
:icon_beerchug:
Ken

willdennis 04-20-2017 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by cat_as_trophy (Post 1664464)
Good compromise and smart win-win all around. Welcome willdennis and as Graham's explanation infers, JF thrives not on members having just financial or purely commercial motives, but on shared knowledge, help and friendship. If you set out to do likewise, you will amply repay the concession granted.

Cheers and best wishes,
Ken

I will be on here for my other Jag as well. My girlfriend just got out of the hospital, so i've been taking care of her. Haven't had time to try to get the other one running. I just know the parts aren't cheap and just trying to help folks before they end up having to go to the dealership. Thank you for the welcome!

Brutal 04-20-2017 11:10 AM

He should be banned again for listing his TOYOTA as HIS FAVORITE!!!
BLASPHEMY!! LOL

C-Los 04-20-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Brutal (Post 1664600)
BLASPHEMY!! LOL

:icon_werd: LMAO

willdennis 04-20-2017 11:53 AM

BLASPHEMY!! LOL

HAHA! Neither one of my jags run yet, so they don't have a chance.

I'm 22 years old but i've had my celica for about 4 years now. Has always done me very good. I just parked her about a year ago cause our kid. 5 speed 2.2L. 225k miles. I will never sell it haha.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...4285440b74.jpg

Brutal 04-20-2017 01:39 PM

Well if you need parts i have a 96vdp that im parting out

willdennis 04-20-2017 01:47 PM

I've got two 95's. One is a parts car that i'm parting out. The one in my signature is my parts car. So hopefully I can manage to get it running off my parts car. But thank you Brutal!

cat_as_trophy 04-20-2017 06:10 PM

So . . . it has started already. You're locking into the win-win camaraderie that underpins JF . . . lots of help shared with a saucy humour . . .

BLASPHEMY!! LOL

Originally Posted by Brutal (Post 1664697)
Well if you need parts i have a 96vdp that im parting out

These 2 gems from one of our longest serving tech gurus are an example. Rarely on public display beyond feeding time, [Brutal] is far too modest to blow his own trumpet, nor show off the Golden Oak Leaves & Cluster Medal awarded by our Lost and Bewildered Jaguar Enthusiasts members. LOL.

Sincere best wishes to you and to your girlfriend, whom we hope is on the "now well" list, and to your Jaguar project. Strikes me you are the same age as when I started my fateful dance with all things Jaguar . . . aah, but that was 50 years ago.

Good luck mate,
Ken