Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   "You Have Reached Your Limit" (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/you-have-reached-your-limit-147326/)

LnrB 07-31-2015 10:59 PM

"You Have Reached Your Limit"

I was just now trying to add a picture to one of my albums. Upload failed and I got a pop-up with the above warning.

I was not aware we now had limits on our albums, the one in question only has 9 pictures in it, I know some other members have way more pictures in some of their albums. The picture I was trying to upload was only 88KB, which didn't seem outrageous.

Is there a new limit or have I done something wrong?
(';')

o1xjr 08-01-2015 01:10 AM

I just uploaded 2 pictures that were 2.3mb to an album with 71 pictures already in it. Seems to be working ok.

GGG 08-01-2015 02:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The Albums look like this:

ELINOR - 5 Albums (307 photos) - includes post pictures
Attachment 116411

CLARKE - 4 Albums (155 photos) - includes post pictures
Attachment 116412

There is a limit on PM's so it's likely there is also a limit on photos. Forum owner, Internet Brands will have to confirm this unless Jim can see and amend the limit.

Graham

LnrB 08-01-2015 08:40 AM

Thank you, Graham,
Is My Post Pictures counted as an album? I didn't make such an album and I don't need it there. When I first saw it, I thought it was automatically taking pictures from my posts.

If I delete the My Post Pictures album do all my pictures in all my posts get deleted too?
(';')

GGG 08-01-2015 09:23 AM

Elinor,

I suggest you leave things for the moment until we can get an answer from IB on whether a limit is being applied or there's an issue generally with albums.

It would surprise me if posts pictures count towards a total allowance because I've posted thousands!

Graham

LnrB 08-02-2015 06:12 PM

Graham, the last time you said to wait for IB to respond, when our albums first disappeared, we never did hear back nor did we get our albums back so I rebuilt mine as others did also.

Today I thought about that and decided to just delete the My Post Pictures album, because I don't see a reason it should be in my profile, I don't want it there, no one will ever look through all 70 odd pages of pictures anyway as they have context only in the posts they're associated with.

But I can't delete that album! I got a warning that the pictures there are being used in other places. This seems to be redundant at best, and wasteful of server resources at worst.

Now I'm wondering if I'll be allowed to post any pictures anywhere, since I've "reached my limit."
(';')

o1xjr 08-03-2015 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1278314)
It would surprise me if posts pictures count towards a total allowance because I've posted thousands!

Graham

Like Graham, I have posted a lot of pictures in threads. But not one of them has showed up in the "Post Pictures" album. Not sure how that works.

LnrB 08-03-2015 09:50 AM

Yes, Clarke, I see your My Post Pictures album contains only one picture! Mine has 70+ pages of every picture I've ever posted in any thread as far as I can tell!

I wonder What is going on!
(';')

GGG 08-03-2015 10:34 AM

Elinor,

I've reported this to IB and and am waiting for their response.

Graham

GGG 08-04-2015 06:07 PM

Elinor,

IB did have a maximum photo limit applied. This has been lifted for all users so you should now be able to upload additional photos without any issue. If not, please let me know.

Graham

LnrB 08-04-2015 07:28 PM

Thank you, Graham!
You da Man!
(';')