Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/marketplace-104/)
-   -   FOR RENT: JD115 or 204-111 Jaguar Spring Compressor Tool (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/marketplace-104/rent-jd115-204-111-jaguar-spring-compressor-tool-213360/)

Vee 01-29-2019 07:19 AM

FOR RENT: JD115 or 204-111 Jaguar Spring Compressor Tool

I have acquired a Jaguar Spring Compressor Tool and would like to offer it for rent. It is the 204-111 or JD115 tool.

$60 to rent plus a $300 deposit and you'd be responsible for costs to ship it back to me. I doubt international deals would make any real sense.

I suppose I'll bump this up occasionally to remind people that its available?

Coventry Foundation 01-29-2019 12:16 PM

Vee may I suggest you ask your insurance company if they will cover you when you rent the tool. I wish you well but why should someone rent your tool for $60 when they can loan it free --see remainder below the pic
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...1d4b082667.jpg
JCNA tool loan program at the Coventry Foundation
for the cost of membership in JCNA and rec. all of the other goodies and benefits? Also your deposit is way too low --current price is $520 (if it is actually in stock). Wish you well but low deposits have caused two other tool loan schemes to fail. You will also need to inspect the tool each time it returns--you might not believe how much damage can occur with use by folks who do not quite know what to do.

Vee 01-30-2019 06:36 AM

I suppose this offer would be for non-JCNA members.

I hate to refer to this as a loan scheme, since it sounds like I'm in to this for the money. The tool is pretty robust. Perhaps I should put together some kind of visual instructions.

Perhaps I should rethink the deposit amount too.

Thanks for the help.

Coventry Foundation 01-30-2019 06:58 AM

Vee we require the person borrowing the tools have a WSM. All tools are robust but of the 5 spring compressors (2 new and 3 old style) we have one that had to go for repair from abuse. On screw type tools the threads MUST be oiled before each use. As far as deposit amount it needs to be enough to ensure the tool is returned. Some of the rarer tools have a huge deposit which ensures they are returned as well as not abused. Also only use UPS or Fedex with insurance. Odd thing about Fedex and UPS is they almost never loose anything with insurance! BTW we have many members that maintain membership simply to borrow tools.

Best of luck.

Vee 01-31-2019 09:18 AM

Thank you for that very helpful post. I’ll end up using this tool once or twice, but other than that, I thought I would help other members here that seem to know what they’re doing, instead of forgetting about it somewhere in my basement.

I would like to know what WSM stands for?

Thanks again.

Coventry Foundation 01-31-2019 09:23 AM

Sorry--WSM= Work Shop Manual or Factory Maint. Manual.

Vee 02-01-2019 05:51 PM

Any particular oil for the lube? I have silicone paste, I have thread cutting oil, and about everything in between...

Thanks again.

Rivguy 02-01-2019 10:01 PM

Perhaps the best thing is just to offer it for sale at what you think is a fair price. I know that these are quite expensive new, and the chances that you will use it again are minimal. Maybe subtract 20% off of the purchase price.

carsnplanes 02-02-2019 05:17 AM

Coventry Foundation, What are tool loaning/borrowing terms If I may ask? How do you ensure the tool is returned in good shape and what if it isn't. Does the JCNA membership dues/fund pay for tool repair for the membership?
Just asking. I have had my 95 XJS for a year and will eventually need to replace front suspension bushings, etc, so just gearing up on parts, tooling options, etc.
As I live in the CT area, I will probably look to join the Southern New England Chapter of the JCNA.

Thanks,

Coventry Foundation 02-02-2019 06:58 AM

Carsnplanes you may read all of the program terms and see the tools offered (list needs updating as many new tools have been acquired) at www.jcna.com and click the tool loan program. JCNA dues do not pay for tool repair as the program is self funding. Deposits are normally the value of the tool so there is no loss and minimal damage. If damage occurs (always improper use) then the deposit is tapped for the repair. The Coventry Foundation actually has more tools than JCNA but the two organizations have formed an alliance and signed a MOU so the administration of all is seamless to the member. To learn more about the Foundation you may go to WWW.CoventryFoundation.org or follow on FB at CoventryFoundation. Hope this answers your questions.

carsnplanes 02-02-2019 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Coventry Foundation (Post 2022157)
Carsnplanes you may read all of the program terms and see the tools offered (list needs updating as many new tools have been acquired) at www.jcna.com and click the tool loan program. JCNA dues do not pay for tool repair as the program is self funding. Deposits are normally the value of the tool so there is no loss and minimal damage. If damage occurs (always improper use) then the deposit is tapped for the repair. The Coventry Foundation actually has more tools than JCNA but the two organizations have formed an alliance and signed a MOU so the administration of all is seamless to the member. To learn more about the Foundation you may go to WWW.CoventryFoundation.org or follow on FB at CoventryFoundation. Hope this answers your questions.

Yes, thank you.
Regards,