Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Memorial Section (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/memorial-section-54/)
-   -   Rip Riski.. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/memorial-section-54/rip-riski-49168/)

Spitfire 01-29-2011 07:58 PM

Folks, when you get the chance, head over the help & suggestions section where I've started a thread titled "Memorial Section request". I'm looking for everyone's support in this idea.

Rob

Enthusiast 01-29-2011 08:14 PM

Riski

Jim,

A beautiful idea.

Joe, I miss your ``nicey nice`` comments already.

My condolences to your family.

La vie est belle et la mort doulereuse.

We`ll see each other again soon.

Marc

Spitfire 01-29-2011 08:29 PM

We go through life with little regard to the impact we have on each other, however small it may be. Although we may be "strangers" in the essence of never having met face to face, Riski, it's safe to say, touched many people here in our forum. Whether it was helping someone diagnose a problem or sending along a good ribbing to a fellow member, he had a tremendous impact on many people here, including myself.

My hat is off to you sir, and I raise my glass in celebration of your life.

R.I.P Riski.

Rob

JimC64 01-29-2011 08:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 174354

Not my idea enthusiast, the credit has to go to Spitfire for suggesting this. All I did was impliment it.

Attachment 174355

Riski.....I didn't have the pleasure of knowing you as well as some of the other forum members, which was my loss, I'm sure.
Took the time to re read your profile though buddy......

Biography - " I'm me"
Interests - "Cars and women"
Occupation - "Sales Manager"

Very scary I thought to myself, I once had the exact same thing written on my interests section and have been a sales manager for 20 years, and I'm definitely Me.
Reading your profile over and checking out your youtube links and vids......a speed nut obviously.....well, snap on that one too Joe.
Definitely brothers from another mother Joe, no doubt about it!!

You obviously loved this place Joe and quickly racked up nearly 1100 posts in around a year since you joined becoming a veteran member. Having read many of your posts, I know you helped many members and made more than a friend or two.

You will be sadly missed Joe and remembered here always

Attachment 174355

joycesjag 01-29-2011 08:41 PM

:icon_beerchug:

I believe Joe "Riski" would want it this way!

The Chris X 01-29-2011 09:00 PM

I am like the rest of you very sad to hear of this news and my condolences to his family.

I won't pass judgment on the event.

All I can say is that I really enjoyed his input on this forum and I will miss his "personality" tremendously. I know I'm not alone feeling this way.

The Chris X 01-29-2011 09:08 PM

Thanks for creating this section Jim, and thanks to Spitfire for the idea and Enthusiast for starting this thread.

Hope to see you at the Top, Joe. If the Lord has a Jaguar, I'm sure you've already talked him into hopping it up.

Iluvmy05STR 01-29-2011 09:24 PM

He will be missed greatly. RIP Riski!

Enthusiast 01-29-2011 09:36 PM

Jim,

Thank you for allowing us to add a touch of class to the forum.

Rob,

Thank you for the most excellent idea.

Gentlemen, I miss this guy and I hope to God that he saves a place for me in his ride in heaven. May we all join him as we crush a BMW or two in the fast lane with him...non?

androulakis 01-29-2011 10:03 PM

This was a great idea...

You know I only met Joe once in person during a business trip to Chicago where he took me on a "death ride" in his STR, all while laughing hysterically...

He has helped me a few times both on and offline... As a matter of fact I was waiting for him to reply to a PM about measuring springs when this tragedy happened.

Who would have thought I would have logged in the next day only to find him gone...

Rest in peace my friend. I'm sure the women in heaven wont ;)

aholbro1 01-29-2011 10:30 PM

Very sad news. Our prayers are with his family. Never corresponded with Riski but thoroughly enjoyed his posts. He will be sorely missed here and elsewhere. I lost a few friends back when I was his age and younger to Naval Aviation and it was always tough....prime of life, smiling and joking before takeoff and then they're just...gone. Always tough to lose a friend or loved one...but somehow it seems worse, or harder, when they are young and healthy.

RobGardnerBlack 01-30-2011 12:18 AM

I never met "Riski" however, we connected about 12 months ago via this forum and he helped me figure out the exhaust on my STR by emulating his.

Despite the fact we did not meet we shared a tie, our Jaguar’s - Fact is all of us on this forum, seasoned contributor, occasional advice giver, knowledgeable tech or newbie share this tie.

Safe to say that 99% of us will never meet yet, we stand as one and acknowledge the loss of a "fellow-spirit".

To Joe’s family, my sincerest condolences.

Respectfully

Rob

bobby181 01-30-2011 12:20 AM

OMG RIP Riski. Our prayers are with your family and friends. I did not know you, but loved all ur post and info and help that you gave to us. RIP Riski!!!

RobGardnerBlack 01-30-2011 12:30 AM

I am not much of a wordsmith however, I found this picture in Riski's album and thought it appropriate - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...pictureid=6165

PCVrach 01-30-2011 04:43 AM

RIP Joe, you will be sadly missed. Hope you will keep an eye out for us from above?

Condolences to all who knew him!!!!!

Cadillac 01-30-2011 04:48 AM

He will be missed for sure , that was a shocking tragedy in every way
RIP

Cadillac 01-30-2011 05:24 AM

Rip riski, you will be never forgotten

Staatsof 01-30-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by bfsgross (Post 299083)
Joe "Riski" and the lady in the opposing car are gone. Still hard to believe...surreal. This'll both stupidify us for a while and teach us a lesson or two.

Yes indeed. Let's wait for the investigation results. Inflammatory remarks aren't going to help the situation. They'll probably figure it out if they put enough resources into the investigation. The actual cause could be a lot of things.

I had a friend who was nearly killed when some girl who was texting came over into his lane head on. He was lucky to survive and after a year and a half he is doing very well. She's dead. He was driving the very exclusive and expensive sports car.

Be ready to accept the results whatever they may be and remember that now two people are dead. Two sets of friends and families are miserable.

I hate undivided roads that carry this much traffic.

Jon89 01-30-2011 08:49 AM

I truly hope that this terrible tragedy will make some folks stop and think twice before they continue to street-race when they truly know better. It does not matter who was at fault. What matters is that two people are dead. Think about that. Street-racing simply isn't worth it, particularly when innocent people get killed in the process....

JOsworth 01-30-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jon89 (Post 299276)
I truly hope that this terrible tragedy will make some folks stop and think twice before they continue to street-race when they truly know better. It does not matter who was at fault. What matters is that two people are dead. Think about that. Street-racing simply isn't worth it, particularly when innocent people get killed in the process....

Please let's not go there... No better than the "speculative posters" on news sites.
He was a good guy that I poked at many times..
We were not there.
We don't know what was really involved and we probably won't.
Honor him as a friend and pay respect...
Honestly, that isn't the point, the point here is not to judge and get up on soap boxes but to remember a fallen comrade...

I read a little about it and this morning saw 08Z06's post and almost wrote something then... I was afraid this would start to go off the rails...
Please, I beg of all of you to just remember Riski for what he was.. A lover of fast cars...Leave the judgement for those in heaven and the courts....