New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

1 Liter of Gin on the Wall! ONE LITER OF GIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1 Liter of Gin on the Wall! ONE LITER OF GIN!

I love Gin. I do. But I hope this car treats me better than most gin and women have!

http://www.bimmers-benz.com/bb/inven....cfm?CarID=613

Old 05-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: 1 Liter of Gin on the Wall! ONE LITER OF GIN!

Hey Jack, as long as the Nikasil issue has been dealt with on the car, you'll enjoy the new whip. Welcome, and we have a few fellows that will share your passion for Gin!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

Hey Jack, as long as the Nikasil issue has been dealt with on the car, you'll enjoy the new whip. Welcome, and we have a few fellows that will share your passion for Gin!
Ok, now you're forcing me to display my newbie ignorance regarding the mechnics of an XK. What is the "Nikasil issue"?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Ok, I did a quick search on Nikasil and now understand what you're talking about. I have a feeling this won't be an issue with the car because the Dealer is including an unlimited mileage lifetime drivetrain warranty. This Dealership deals with a lot of high end vehicles and is the only one that I could find that offered such a warranty for this model year, so they've probably already assessed this potential problem. Either way, if the engine blows, they replace it, so I should be safe.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds good and a limitless warranty is what we all need!

Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 PM

So speaking of GIN, Bombay is my passion too.

Regular if it is a G&T. Sapphire if it isa martini.

How about everyone else?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see a fellow XK8 owner man.

I have a 2000 xk8 convertible.

We paid 14,800 for ours, with 72000 miles on it suimular to urs. Btu ur warranty ios probably better.

Watch out for wheel bearing and bushings. There seem to be alot of problems with ours and other people i know with this cars wheels, and alot of warrantys don't cover it. Could end up costing a lot.

That car is beautiful man. We have a white exterior with black top and black seatsd, and i really don't like the color scheme too much, plus the black seats absorbed so much sun they are in pretty bad shaope, ur car looks like it had better care taken of it.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 93xj6

Nice to see a fellow XK8 owner man.

I have a 2000 xk8 convertible.

We paid 14,800 for ours, with 72000 miles on it suimular to urs. Btu ur warranty ios probably better.

Watch out for wheel bearing and bushings. There seem to be alot of problems with ours and other people i know with this cars wheels, and alot of warrantys don't cover it. Could end up costing a lot.

That car is beautiful man. We have a white exterior with black top and black seatsd, and i really don't like the color scheme too much, plus the black seats absorbed so much sun they are in pretty bad shaope, ur car looks like it had better care taken of it.
Thanks! As far as the bearings/bushings, the Seller agreed to pay for repair if anything is not right on delivery (in writing)and there necessarily has to be a time limit on that, thanks to NY lemon laws. I think it's 90 days.

I discovered that there is a local Mechanic that specializes in Jags, so the first thing I'll do after registering and emission testing it is take it to him. If he gives thumbs downon anything, the Dealer will hear about it!

And if the Dealer gives me flack about coughing up for the repair, whoa unto him. I have free legal nation wide and my Employer's main Office is in Manhatten. I know an Attorney in Corporate who can steer me right for a NYC Attorney if I needa claim filed on my behalf and I WILL make them pay, per their agreement.

CT isn't that far away!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Boy Jack, you're feisty. You should go by the X-type forum and bullshit with us in the off-topic section.