Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   First time owner (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/first-time-owner-65780/)

brunoZ28 12-31-2011 03:19 PM

First time owner

1 Attachment(s)
I just acqired an X-type and I realize allot of people here might say I should be going to a Ford forum insted, but just the same I like the unmistakeable Jaguar look.

brunoZ28 12-31-2011 03:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of my other cars.

brunoZ28 12-31-2011 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and this is my summer daily but its on fikse FM10 now

brunoZ28 12-31-2011 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
last year I got through the winter using my 63 impala but I think the AWD will be a litlle better

Norri 01-01-2012 08:38 AM

Welcome to the forum,

Why would you want to go to a Ford forum?

bulkhead13 01-01-2012 03:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Just look at the badges on your car... it doesn't say ford.

JimC64 01-01-2012 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 167595

Hey Bruno, welcome aboard, great to have you with us here at JF :icon_beerchug:
Really nice intro thanks for sharing. Glad that you found your way here with your Jag.
No one here's gonna tell you to go to a Ford forum:confused:.....thanks for the pic of your ride. The X type is a grewt car and the AWD is pretty awesome

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun :icon_rally:
I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features :icon_cool:

Languid 01-01-2012 08:09 PM

BrunoZ28,

It's not a Ford, it's a Jag. The Ford Mondeo platform & Duratec engines may have been the base from which the cars were developed, but they are a long way from Ford in their production. The engines are produced in Ford's Welsh factory, but are assembled on a completely separate assembly line and have a lot of differences from the top down. You will find heaps about that scattered throughout the Forum.

Cheers,

Languid

Patterson 01-01-2012 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome Bruno, I like the pick of your black 60's? Camero. I've always loved that body style.

Having so many cars, you're probably a gear head like most of the guys here, you're in good company. Enjoy your Jag!

Does this look like a Ford???? :)
Attachment 167575

Translator 01-02-2012 01:54 PM

Welcome to the JAG forum.

Would your work colleagues tell you to take your company car to the wild mountains for servicing? :(

Good to have you with us, great set of vehicles you have. :)

brunoZ28 01-02-2012 02:16 PM

Thank you gentlemen, the Ford statement was just a light hearted poke at its origins but there is not doubt the fit, finish and ride dont say entry level ford up to this point. I'm eager to read and learn more on this forum.