Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   Hello from Amish county (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/hello-amish-county-30014/)

Bshade 12-13-2009 11:54 PM

Hello from Amish county

Hello I am Brad Espenshade from Lancaster County PA. No I am not Amish but pretty darn close if you consider owning 7 cars 1 motorcycle and lots of other engine run toys. I am 25 years old and an Industrial Electrician at Alcoa Mill Products Lancaster.

I have come to this forum is because I have purchased a 1991 Jaguar XJ6. I bought the car from my ex-girlfriends parents as I had worked on it a few times for them whilst I was dating their daughter. Door handles and other electrical problems.

The car is green with the wire spoke factory option wheels has 160,000 on the clock and has a few issues that need addressed. I have to do all the ball joints up front as well as tie rod end links. The radio never worked when I got it and the windshield wiper has a mind of its own. Right now I am looking at a problem with the TPS as I believe it is bad. I just got my Hayes manual for some info and I am hoping that will help me out a lot.

I have perused your site for a few weeks now just reading and am liking what I see and hear. I am a car enthusiast that has to modify everything I own. Some of my plans for the Jag are to convert to the four headlight front end, install a very nice JL audio system, and perhaps if I want to go real crazy chop the top and put air bag suspension on it. I have not yet done a chop top on anything but am really interested in doing so. This Jag is the perfect cruiser that I have been wanting. I have all five speed cars so this being an auto makes its perfect. As for the last month I gave it to my mother to drive wile I replaced the transmission in her van, she said that she enjoyed drive the little car.

I will thak everyone in advace for any help that I may obtain from this site, I live my life on about a dozen forums in which I am very active. I know how helpfull people can be and am thankful for the hlep.

Brad the Superlative!
(the Superlative is title that I got threw a long story but now it is how I signe all my forum posts, its a joke not and aragance)

mohrd 12-14-2009 12:16 AM

Hey Brad the %$(*&@, welcome. Hope you find the help you need. Are you sure you want to chop and drop her?

m0t0rm0uth 12-14-2009 01:22 AM

Hey Brad...welcome to the site!

You window wipeys having a mind of their own is a problem with your wiper control arm. Get a new one (or a used one that works), and you'll be all set.

And, by the way...:icon_worthless:

:) Just a little something I generally add.

Translator 12-14-2009 03:14 AM

Welcome Brad, (you were dating their daughter, doors handles and other electrical problems???)) interesting set up. LOL

You should find that we are generally a mine of useless information, but there are some great folks around here.

Don't think that chopping the top off is such a good idea, unless you have the expertise and cash to do it right.

Also the 4 headlight conversion, why bother, the rectangular lights will grow on you.

Look forward to seeing your progress in the XJ40 forum.

Cadillac 12-14-2009 03:21 AM

Welcome to the forums :)
I find way much more attractive rectangular lights over 4 round lights but most Jaguar Owners let alone purists prefer 4 lights as well
I would like to see X300s having same pattern as well
:icon_playing:

Jag Po' 12-14-2009 06:11 AM

Welcome Brad. I gew up next door in Chester County (Kennett Square).
Used to go over to Lancaster Co for the Amish auctions.

JimC64 12-14-2009 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 180732

Hey bshade welcome to the site.....good to have you with us.
Post up some pics when you can.

All the best

Jamey 12-14-2009 06:05 PM

Howdy Brad

Welcome to the forum!

joycesjag 12-14-2009 08:46 PM

Hello bshade, welcome to the forum. Whats your time frame for the large undertaking? Take lots of pics to post, befores, durings and of course afters!

Bshade 12-15-2009 03:10 AM

Thanks for the welcomes! I will try and get some pics as soon as I get back out to the shop and get her cleaned up. As for the chop top I just think that it would look amazing with 4 to 6 inches choped out the car would have a great slender and look that would set it off. I am curently working on 4 of my seven cars so I would not start this project for a long time yet. Like I said I am an enthusiast that has to modify everything. As for the four headlights I have the 87 Bimmer that has the four lights and I love that Euro look so I think that HID's with the four headlights would just look real nice.

Brad the Superlative!