Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/hello-everyone-149354/)

TexasCat 09-06-2015 04:30 AM

Hello Everyone

New guy to your forums. Wanted to say hi. I've been hanging around reading this excellent forum since I bought my beastie, 6 months ago. So helpful, thank you all.

Well I had 2K and needed a car. Saw this beauty in a dealer's lot. I'm old school so it was love at first sight. I knew they wanted much more but pulled in anyway. She was pretty but not without faults. Driver's door wouldn't open, broken antenna, radio said ENTER CODE, sunroof didn't work, and some other minor things.

I knew that someone loved her once and she just got old. I could tell from the new Michelin tires, beautiful paint. So I told the guy, you're never going to sell a car people can't get out of, especially if they are sitting there and can't listen to the radio. He said the price was firm and I told him well let a 14 year old British car continue to brown the grass it's sitting over.

I drove away, TTL included for my 2K and now this beauty was mine.

I think she was still miffed at getting dumped for a younger girl. She threw P0335 codes on me, peed on the driveway, etc. Parts came in and I showed her much love. It eventually calmed down and we are having a great time.

We have our fights and she still throws a code now and then but what a beautiful ride. I get more compliments on this than my 81 Vette ever got. Like any relationship you have to work at it. Not sure where this ends but I haven't been this busy since my 74 MGB insisted on having the valves adjusted every other weekend.

Thanks for having me,

Mike in Texas
2001 Jaguar XJ8

sklimii 09-06-2015 05:28 AM

<p>Welcome to the forum - as you have found an important tool in a Jaguar owner's tool box.</p><p>I see you've made your way to the X308 section, just be sure to check out the TSB's and how to quick links in the first few threads.</p><p>For local news/events, check out the Southwest US regional section</p><p>USA Southwest - AZ TX NM OK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum</p><p>Lastly recommend adding a signature by clicking the USER CP link in the upper left - include model and year for best replies to your questions</p><p>Enjoy!!</p>

Grant Francis 09-06-2015 05:36 AM

Welcome.

The LUV affair is flourishing as expected.

Daf11e 09-06-2015 05:58 AM

Welcome aboard Mike.

LnrB 09-06-2015 09:03 AM

Mike, you understand these cars!! All they ask is a bit of understanding and attention. By now you'll be bonded. Good Job!!

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Norri 09-06-2015 04:46 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Mike,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

GGG 09-06-2015 05:05 PM

Welcome to the forum Mike,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

It sounds like you've already found your way to the X308 tech forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

JimC64 09-06-2015 06:50 PM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

o1xjr 09-08-2015 04:36 AM

Welcome to the forum