Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   Hello hello! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/hello-hello-3847/)

850Jag 01-13-2008 11:44 AM

Hello hello!

Hello everyone. My name is Chris and im 22 years old. For the past 4-5 years I have been a Nissan nut and will continue to be for a long time. I currently have two Nissan 240sx's, a 90 and a 95. After highschool, I decided to join the military and marry my highschool sweetheart. After 2 years of driving the Nissan's, My wife and I decided we wanted a nice 4 door. We looked at Nissans, Lexus, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Infinti's, Ford's, Chevy's, then we ran across a 2001 Jaguar S Type. We both fell in love with the car and had to have it, we left that same night with it. I never would have thought at age 22 and my wife being 21 that we would be the owners of a Jaguar. The car is amazing. Im very content and will be for the years to come. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Hopefully ill become a regular around here. :)

http://beatingstick.net/photo/1058491983.jpghttp://beatingstick.net/photo/1336040170.jpg

FactoryJaguarTech 01-13-2008 12:10 PM

RE: Hello hello!

Welcome to the forums mate. Nice example of the X200

Are you still in the military? What branch? [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

850Jag 01-13-2008 12:15 PM

Yes sir, Im in the Navy, Im onboard the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN69). My job is "aviation ordinance", I mess around with missiles and bombs.

FactoryJaguarTech 01-13-2008 12:20 PM

Thanks for your service. Makes me that bit more proud to know we have service men and women not only driving Jaguars but being part of this forum also. Better to be on the Dwight than in Great Lakes at this time of the year.

Glad to have you "aboard", no pun intended. If you need any advice, we will always be willing to help you out.

850Jag 01-13-2008 12:28 PM

I appreciate it very much, I really do.When I hear and see stuff like that it really makes all the time away from family, sacrifice, everything well worth it. I didnt reply eailer, Im currently still in and will be untill Nov 2009 (Unless I decided to re-inlist).

Also, when I went to bootcamp in Great Lakes in November of 2005. I left on Nov 14th and left on Jan 14th. Im a florida boy so it was different and VERY VERY cold! [:@]

FactoryJaguarTech 01-13-2008 12:32 PM

Look into the regional section. We are trying to get the sfljag meet going. When you get back safe we try to meet up all of us. I will buy you lunch. Would say a beer but I gave up drinking. Didn't like the hangovers much.[:o]

Good luck with all you do bro. Stay safe and listen to your NCOs. They know their shit for the most part and will get you thru any situation. Hard to be away from home I know, but once its done its done. Keep busy and it will go by in no time.

Stay safe squid.

Talk to you soon.

850Jag 01-13-2008 12:52 PM

Im a airman, no damn squid!!!!;). Im actually on duty right now (24 hours mandatory stay onboard). When I get home tomorrow, Im going to take some pics with the Nikon D50 and make a few HDR photo's and ill post them up. Thanks again for the welcome.

Dennis 01-13-2008 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 850Jag

Yes sir, Im in the Navy, Im onboard the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN69). My job is "aviation ordinance", I mess around with missiles and bombs.
Welcome...What's it like on a Nuke?...I was on the USS America (CVA-66)...I was an AO also, with an A6 Intruder squadron, from NAS Oceana..You guys still get called Bee Bee Stackers?.:)

Cadillac 01-13-2008 03:38 PM

Welcome to the forums !

JimC64 01-13-2008 05:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 194237Attachment 194238Attachment 194239

Hey there 850 n welcome to the site mate......nice lookin Jag you got yourself there.
Get some more pics and put em in the photo gallery section n really show her off.

Good tip from Dennis re the regional section.....check it out.
Dont forget to add your mug to the mug shot thread in the off topic section.....Gives you a chance to see who's who as well.....Always good for a laugh or two

Cheers

Jim

850Jag 01-14-2008 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: 850Jag

Welcome...What's it like on a Nuke?...I was on the USS America (CVA-66)...I was an AO also, with an A6 Intruder squadron, from NAS Oceana..You guys still get called Bee Bee Stackers?.:)
Haha, Yes, the salty dogs still use that term. A buddy I joined with, his father is retired airforce and he called me a bb stacker before I even knew what a AO was. Being on a Nuke is.. well ive never been on a conventional carrier or ship for that matter so I really dont know. Its got its up and downs but for the most part I enjoy it. IYAOYAS eh? :D

Ill post up my mug, Im actually about to go pick her up in a hour or 2. Ill have some pics asap!