Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   Hello from proud xjr owner (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/hello-proud-xjr-owner-166667/)

jayhay548 07-28-2016 07:52 PM

Hello from proud xjr owner

Hello all... Pleased to say i now pootle to work most days in my new 2002 xjr. Bought for very little and in neeed of some tlc (sill rust, some other corrosion, and some rear end knocks). Justified its buy as saying run until mot ends then rethink but of course already want to restore it!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...60e2b0b6c6.jpg

Daf11e 07-28-2016 09:31 PM

Welcome aboard, a moderator will be along shortly and will give you relevant links to assist you with the XJR....good luck!

LnrB 07-28-2016 09:55 PM

Hello, Jay,
Pretty Car! It's so nice to see one of these treated properly and not as if they're made of glass. Congratulations on your new ownership, and also for wanting to get it in proper condition. You won't regret that decision.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

GGG 07-29-2016 02:21 AM

Welcome to the forum jayhay548,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X308 forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link UK & Eire - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Grant Francis 07-29-2016 04:47 AM

Welcome.

sklimii 07-29-2016 06:29 AM

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

o1xjr 07-29-2016 06:59 AM

welcome to the forum

jayhay548 07-29-2016 07:02 AM

Thanks all!

Just had a completely reasonable but still painful quote for complete powerflex install and v mounts. 2500. Ooof. I know the car was cheap but still. Ooof.

GGG 07-29-2016 09:36 AM

You need one of two things to run a Jaguar:

1. a well filled wallet
OR
2. a well filled tool box

The driveline/suspension isn't difficult to work on as a DIY project but paying for expertise on these vehicles never comes cheap. However, I do think the subtext of the 2500 UKP quote is 'don't really want this job but if he's prepared to pay it ......'

Graham

jayhay548 07-29-2016 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1505993)
You need one of two things to run a Jaguar:

1. a well filled wallet
OR
2. a well filled tool box

The driveline/suspension isn't difficult to work on as a DIY project but paying for expertise on these vehicles never comes cheap. However, I do think the subtext of the 2500 UKP quote is 'don't really want this job but if he's prepared to pay it ......'

Graham

Exactly, well I'm not prepared to pay that much. So as there is a knock from the rear end. That's where I'll start. Bumpstops bought, arb bushes, and not sure what else yet. Doesn't look THAT hard. Ive been looking but can't find a full rear bush replacement guide. Also getting conflicting information on the powerflex bushes for the rear suspension. There is no xjr specific kit so presumably i can use the x308 xj8 powerflex kit.

Norri 07-29-2016 09:59 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums jayhay548,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help