Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   Hi Folks (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/hi-folks-54714/)

Abacusman 05-16-2011 07:16 AM

Hi Folks

Just regained my 2001 XKR and now to get it back on the road again, started first time after more than 2 years on Saturday, why do things do that when all I wanted to do was crank the engine over for a few mins, so off and ready. So if you see a dusty silver XKR running about the back lanes in North Dorset thats me trying to find someone to MOT the thing!

JimC64 05-16-2011 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 172322

Hi Abacusman welcome to the forum

good to have you here with us.....pics please?

You might find the off topic good for fun, maybe check out the mug shot thread and add yours?

Some good guys and great techs, top vendors and more to come....all good
In the meantime I've upgraded you manually to full forum access so you can better view the site:)

justV12 05-16-2011 08:57 AM

Hello Abacusman:

Welcome to us! Really great to see a Brit who loves Jags. I am astounded and disapointed at the number of Brits here in Canada who have nothing but bad things to say about Jags. The worst detractors are the expats sometimes.
On the good end, a number of Brits are in the local Jag club so I guess it balances out.

So now that I have talked myself in a circle, umm good luck with that MOT.

JustV12

Gus 05-16-2011 06:12 PM

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Abacusman 05-17-2011 06:23 AM

Thanks folks, will try and get pictures up ASAP.

Abacusman 05-17-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by justV12 (Post 351311)
Hello Abacusman:

Welcome to us! Really great to see a Brit who loves Jags. I am astounded and disapointed at the number of Brits here in Canada who have nothing but bad things to say about Jags. The worst detractors are the expats sometimes.
On the good end, a number of Brits are in the local Jag club so I guess it balances out.

So now that I have talked myself in a circle, umm good luck with that MOT.

JustV12

Always been keen on British Cars, IMHO we produced some of the best ever, but we blew it with underfunding and development from the late 1960's till the eventual demise of Rover Group (the amalgamation of the majority of English manufacturers) in 2005. One of my pet subjects so could go on for hours. As for the ex-pats they probably just remember those days of underfunding, rather than the product today, and the re-fettled and restored product of yesterday!

Nevette 05-17-2011 11:21 AM

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the XKR. Have fun here.

RCSign 05-17-2011 10:28 PM

Abacusman
Welcome Good choice enjoy the cat. good luck on getting her up and running

justV12 05-18-2011 07:02 PM

Wow, Abacusman you have some GREAT cars!!
I was just two weekends ago visiting the local Morgan agent here very near Toronto.
They are also a restoration shop specializing in Brit cars but mainly Jags.

Please let us know how it go's with your XK 8.

Did I already say welcome?

Very good!
JustV12