New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

My journey to become a jagman...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My journey to become a jagman...

Hello everyone!

I'm just a one Jaguar dreamer from the northern hemisphere and more specific from Finland.

Some evolution happened just few weeks ago, I found my blackcat from mobile.de and only in some days I arranged money and trip to Munchen close to Austrian border to see that x-type and I felt in love again as I did almost 20 years ago with my wife... We had quite an adventure in alps together because her heart was a little hurt (broken thermostat and air vent stucked in close position) Still Insbruck Jaguar gave me permission to climb over the alps with my snowcat altough low temp warnings( temperature needle rises high top and there was high temp warnings). One of my professions is aerial photographing and if this happened in flight, I should find me in middle of emergency procedures, but in jaguar I felt safe enough to continue my long trip to Finland ( >2000km). When we got close to the highest point of our route( >6000ft), it was so misty and foggy that roads were like skating tracks, still we managed well there and then I found my deep trust in to this beautiful car, because of her condition and how she drove in those slippy roads. I enclose photo here from that position. Sorry my english, it was 20 years ago in texas when I got my commercial pilot lisense, so I need to practise my writing...

PS. I didn't know about that stucked air went untill in my home garage, but I was wondering how bad heater they have in this car...

I enjoy your community here and I have already learned a lot of technical dilemmas. I also hope I can be helpful for you also a bit later.

Marko, http://photo.net/photos/airismeri

Attached Thumbnails My journey to become a jagman...-jagge.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will be learning a lot about the car. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I'm sure someone will answer the question for you. Sounds like you have 2 fairly easy problems to take care of.

Enjoy your kitty.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Default You are thermoman!

So you would be a perfect guy to change my thermostat, IF you would live here in Turku and if I should still have this job to do, it works great now and it's arctic version though (-40C sometimes here). Still got to do something with this air went mechanism... Thank you!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey blackcat welcome to our forums, great to have you with us
Great intro with a fascinating story and a pic too....nice one!
-40 sounds pretty damn cold but I'm sure the X will handle the snow and ice very well.
Check out the X type faq quick links for most of the common issues and resolutions for them.
All the best

Old 01-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

welcome blackcat. What an awesome picture. We just had a go round about the air recirculation door. Hopefully you can pick it up. Won't even need translation as it's pretty easy to follow.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member

Howdy Blackcat

Love the photo! Welcome to the forum

Old 01-08-2010, 01:46 AM

Thanks to you all!

Jim, most of winter time it's around -20C and that's ok, I have my plans to get there in scotland to have nice photos of your beautiful landscape. Our club in Finland is going to visit in this spring in birmingham factory by the way...
mohrd, thanks and I will check it out, it's kind of current problem later when they put pig poop all over the fields here...
Jamey, thank you and I'm always delighted when someone comments my photos.

Marko

Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome Marko, great introduction. Some great pics too.

I can relate to the 'pig poop' issue, I am surrounded by Pork and Poultry farms, so things can get a bit 'ripe' around here, still I prefer this to smoke and industrial fumes.

Don't worry about your English it's a 1000 times better than our Finnish.

Good to have you with us.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Welcome , I am too happy for you . Thanks for the pic as well. That was just an epic stuff for a new member in many ways

Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 AM

Thank you Translator and cadillac...
Translator, it's one thousand people all over the world against one in finland, so we have to speak thousand times more other languages than you, otherwise we will be alone here.
Cadillac, you must be a luxurious person like caddys are as vehicles, I'm happy if you found something from the area between lines from this story.