Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New Guy (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-guy-122311/)

PDQEnterprises 07-19-2014 08:14 PM

New Guy

By way of introduction, my name is Paul Duda, the car is a 1976 Jaguar XJ12C which has thankfully had the vinyl top removed and the roof painted body color. It is what I would call a fairly low-mile car, with 56,000 miles on the clock. I believe the car was sold new in California and that it belonged to a Real-Estate agent in Hemet, which is near Palm Springs. The car has not run in a number of years, so I am now in the process of resurrecting it. I am very much looking forward to participating in conversations having to do with V-12 Jaguars on the Forums.

Paul Duda
Southwestern Utah, U.S.A.

Norri 07-19-2014 08:49 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Paul,

Good to have you with us.
To get any tech help that you may need head this way XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and there is also a regional section here USA Western - AK CA NV OR UT HI WA ID - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

o1xjr 07-19-2014 09:16 PM

Welcome to the forum

LnrB 07-19-2014 09:55 PM

Hello, Paul,
We have a number of V12 aficionados among us, who will be Delighted to share what they know with you.

Welcome from ElinorB.
(';)

Bad Cattitude 07-19-2014 11:42 PM

Welcome!

GGG 07-20-2014 02:29 AM

Welcome to the forum Paul,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow Norri's link in post #2 to the XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

sklimii 07-20-2014 07:00 AM

welcome to the forum - follow the links provided by Norri to a wealth of info and support - enjoy

Five Speed 07-20-2014 07:27 AM

Hello & welcome..

JimC64 07-24-2014 11:38 AM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

PDQEnterprises 07-31-2014 05:35 PM

Thank you for your help, Jim. I am presently attempting to resurrect my XJ12C in order to move it to someone else's garage, and the poor thing hasn't been started for about 15 or 16 years. I just bought a "Haynes" Shop Manual for XJ12 Jaguars made from 1972 to 1980, mine being a 1976 XJ12C. The fuel system is where I'm starting, so I guess it's "Tally Ho!!" and I'm likely to be a frequent visitor to this Forum. Thanks again for your help and the Welcome.

GGG 07-31-2014 05:48 PM

Take great care when waking sleeping Cats! :icon_lol:

The guys in the XJS tech section ( XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum ) could be a big help with any issues on getting the V12 running smoothly.

Graham