Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New here. '16 F-Type R. Hi. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-here-16-f-type-r-hi-209205/)

Forrest Keith 10-10-2018 08:30 PM

New here. '16 F-Type R. Hi.

I'm also new to forums altogether. I presume this is where I introduce myself, yes?

I'm a Real Estate Broker, Developer, Investor, and Consultant.

Specializing in Whole Neighborhoods of New Homes since 1975.

Retired Builder, now consulting:
~ Real Estate
~ Home Design
~ Land Investment
~ Land Development
~ Business Growth, and
~ Business Owners’ Exit Strategies

My Jag is an F-Type R, 2016, convertible, white, black trim, rims, and interior. I'm more of a topless GT type.

How do you do!

GGG 10-11-2018 02:17 AM

Welcome to the forum Forrest Keith,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

I can see you've already found your way to the F-Type forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.

Please add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Midwest Region forum by following this link
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-midwest-39/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Grant Francis 10-11-2018 04:06 AM

Welcome to the Forums.

o1xjr 10-11-2018 05:12 AM

Welcome to the forums.

sklimii 10-11-2018 05:32 AM

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

Norri 10-11-2018 06:06 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Forrest Keith,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 06:43 AM

Wow. This is nice. Thank you for the welcomes!

And thanks for the guidance, Graham and Norri.

I appreciate the step-by-step how-to's.

I did get a notification, when I was trying to set up my signature last night, that I used a forbidden word. But I am unaware of any such word and could not find anything that I thought could be deemed as such -- or even questionable.

I'll give it another go.

Warm regards,
Forrest

GGG 10-11-2018 07:09 AM

Forrest,

You can amend a forum Signature at any time so start with the basic 2016 F-Type R and add additional details until you find out what is supposedly unacceptable.

Web links and oversize images are the two most regular issues with Signatures.

Graham

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 07:15 AM

Thanks, Graham.

No links, so evidently an over-sized photo could get labeled as an unacceptable word? I bet that's it. I'll get 'er done.

Warm regards,

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 07:44 AM

Yeah, now I got "Not a valid image file." Is there a way to lower its resolution so it will work?

SinF 10-11-2018 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum, some suggestions on your car:

1. If you still driving on P-Zero tires, replace them with Michelin Pilot 4S. It will transform how the car handles and you will immediately regret not doing it sooner.
2. Don't wait for full service interval to change engine oil, do it early. These direct injected engines are sensitive to oil quality. If you plan long-term ownership this will more than pay for itself by preventing long-term issues.
3. F-type doesn't have low oil warning. If you run car low on oil it won't warn you. So you have to be proactive about checking oil level.

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 08:59 AM

Thanks, SinF,

I just bought it used, 15,000 miles, and it does have brand new Michelins on it!

I'm in The Minneapple, so I'll have a set of winter tires and wheels, too. Any suggestion on winter tire brand?

(I'm leaning Nokian / Hakkapeliitta, but I haven't yet ruled out Blizzak LM32s.)

And thanks for the oil heads-up! How often do you suggest changing the oil?

(I presume I should have the dearlership do that for the sake of preserving the original factory warranty, right?)

(I did also buy an extended warranty, third party: Ally Auto's "Premier Protection Major Guard" bumper-to-bumper coverage through 105,000 miles / 2023 October.)

LnrB 10-11-2018 09:32 AM

Hello, Forest,
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 10:11 AM

How do you do, Elinor,

Thanks.

"I was driven to drink by a woman.

…never had the good manners to thank her."

~ W.C. Fields

"Money may not buy happiness,

but I’d rather be a swag in a Jag than a cuss on a bus."

~ Forrest Keith

GGG 10-11-2018 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Forrest Keith (Post 1974025)
Yeah, now I got "Not a valid image file." Is there a way to lower its resolution so it will work?

Post the image you want to use as an attachment and I'll what needs to be done to reduce it to the filesize limits.

Graham

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 10:45 AM

Thanks, Graham,

I chose another image and got er done.

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 10:47 AM

Hmm, maybe not; I don't see the image. Wait; it did show until I edited my signature. I'll try posting the image again.

Thanks, again.

SinF 10-11-2018 01:16 PM

You need to simply document oil changes, but Jaguar recommends engine oil with special additives, and the easiest way to get it is at the dealership. Your oil changes largely depends on your driving, I would recommend spring and fall oil changes, or twice a year.

I don't drive F-type in the winter, but I really like Michelin Ice X-3 winter tires.

GGG 10-11-2018 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Forrest Keith (Post 1974098)
Hmm, maybe not; I don't see the image. Wait; it did show until I edited my signature. I'll try posting the image again.

Thanks, again.

Signature edits appear with your NEXT post - not immediately.

Graham

Forrest Keith 10-11-2018 01:59 PM

Thank you SinF. I will change this beauty's oil more often as you have recommended! I will also look into Michelin Ice X-3 tires. Thanks!

Graham, It seems I got my signature to work with the photo.

Because I saw two photos on Norri's signature, I tried to add another photo to mine; however, when I tried that, I got the message that I had tried to put too much data into my signature. No prob. It's fine as it is. If it is possible to add another photo or two or even three to it, I will do so.

Thanks so much for all of your orientation help!

I expect I'll be a regular user of this forum!

Warm regards,